Recommend Small Zwave Motion Sensor?

Forum rules

Questions about hardware that can be controlled by Indigo (but not through the interfaces and plugins listed). If Indigo doesn't support some bit of hardware you're interested in, and you don't find a 3rd Party Plugin for it, add it to this forum. Be sure to include links to as much information as you can find about it.

Note: adding it here does not mean we're going to add it - in fact it's possible one of our 3rd party developers may decide to write a plugin for it. We add hardware/features based on a lot of different factors beyond just having a request for it.

Posted on
Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:15 am
ckeyes888 offline

Recommend Small Zwave Motion Sensor?

Hoping someone could recommend a small Zwave motion sensor that of course works with Indigo.
My little X10 sensors are biting the dust.

Thanks,

Carl

Posted on
Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:41 am
howartp offline

Re: Recommend Small Zwave Motion Sensor?

I’ve got the Fibaro ones around the house.

Just need a stock of CR123 batteries for them; hoping to wire to say 5v psu when I get around to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:48 pm
mundmc offline

I’m very happy with my Zooz Multisensors, which use Z-wave. Monoprice makes a clone that takes two aaa batteries, but it burns through them fast. Zooz’s version uses CR123A batteries, which have cheap rechargeable variants as well.

If cost is no issue, the most reliable (for me) are Aeotec multisensors. They also use CR123A batteries, but they act as repeaters if you can get a micro-HDMI cable to them for power.

Posted on
Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:05 pm
jalves offline

I like the Aeotec multi-sensors. Nice small package and usable with batteries or plugin.

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:57 pm
ckeyes888 offline

Thanks all. Seems lots to choose from.

Carl

Posted on
Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:39 pm
Dual offline

I’m using several types. All purchased from Amazon. All work fine. Some requiring the packet command since they are not natively supported (though that may have changed with 7.3).

Dome Home Automation Motion Detector Z-Wave - Light Sensor - Magnetic Mount, White (DMMS1)

This one is great for my home in Arizona. Since all of the air vents and cold air return vents are in the ceiling and are steel and painted white I simply mount these magnetically to the ceiling vents and I am done. Easy to aim too. Small. Attractive. I have about 20 in use.

NEO Zwave PIR Motion Sensor,Easy Install, Battery Operated, Z Wave Detector

Similar to above (same?) but without magnetic mount. Spheres are funner than boxes. I have a dozen or more in use in my other house where the magnetic mount was not practical.

ZOOZ Z-Wave Plus 4-in-1 Sensor ZSE40 VER. 2.0 (motion / light / temperature / humidity)

Good unit. Includes temperature. I have one in use.

Aeotec TriSensor, Z-Wave Plus S2 Motion, Temperature, Light Sensor

Good unit. Includes temperature. I have one in use.

I am new to Indigo. A couple months now. I ordered these and a couple other motions at the start to try them all. Sent 2 back. Kept these 4. Then settled on the first 2 except where I need temperature too. I use them solely for my custom Indigo home alarm systems.

Cheers

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:45 pm
peszko offline

I'm new to z-wave, but I have several Aeon Labs Aeotec Z-Wave Multi-Sensor 6 s and am very happy with them. I have them wired in.

Page 1 of 1