Zipabox Siren

Forum rules

Questions about hardware that can be controlled by Indigo (but not through the interfaces and plugins listed). If Indigo doesn't support some bit of hardware you're interested in, and you don't find a 3rd Party Plugin for it, add it to this forum. Be sure to include links to as much information as you can find about it.

Note: adding it here does not mean we're going to add it - in fact it's possible one of our 3rd party developers may decide to write a plugin for it. We add hardware/features based on a lot of different factors beyond just having a request for it.

Posted on
Sun May 07, 2017 9:08 am
RedYuriPrime offline

Zipabox Siren

Having being looking for a while for a neat sounder that does both doorbell and alarm sounds, or indeed ANY device that is a decent z-wave doorbell sounder.

Just found the "ZipaBox Internal Siren" which appears just the ticket, :D
BUT:
Whilst it works perfectly with the ZipaBox controller it appears to be problematic with the Fibaro and other controllers. Can';t find any reference to it under Indigo. :(

I assume the problem is that there are configuration settings need to be changed to access the different sounds, but as a user you simply want to be able to use a normal commands to access any of the sounds.

So:
i) has anyone tried this device with Indigo7
ii) is there a way of changing configuration settings live within python programming rather than via the device settings dialogue (for any device, not just this one). Seems like a plug-in opportunity?
iii) does anyone know a better device for providing multiple audible outputs, each directly accessible from python code

Z-wave system with 80+ devices, Indigo7 on a dedicated MacMini
Controlling lighting, heating, hotwater, security; but still a lot to learn ... :shock:

Posted on
Sun May 07, 2017 11:00 am
neilk offline

Re: Zipabox Siren

I have the D Link version which I think is the same and it works well using the raw Z Wave commands described http://www.vesternet.com/resources/appl ... s/apnt-125

Just use the send z wave commands action as shown below, no need to reconfigure or for a plugin.

It works fine, the siren is very loud, I use it as a doorbell triggered by my DoorBird.

Thanks,
Neil
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-05-07 at 18.04.42.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-07 at 18.04.42.png (59.55 KiB) Viewed 1736 times

Posted on
Mon May 08, 2017 1:03 am
RedYuriPrime offline

Thanks Neil,
Will get one on order and post an update when its working ! :D

Geoff

Controlling lighting, heating, hotwater, security; but still a lot to learn ... :shock:

Posted on
Wed May 10, 2017 1:04 am
RedYuriPrime offline

Worked well. Set up over breakfast - 15 mins despite distractions!

Tested Beep and Doorbell - my wife is still in bed so try the alarm sounds later :lol:

Thanks again, Neil.

Posted on
Wed May 10, 2017 7:57 am
neilk offline

No worries - Glad it worked out.

Neil

Page 1 of 1