Wink Relay

Forum rules

Questions about hardware that can be controlled by Indigo (but not through the interfaces and plugins listed). If Indigo doesn't support some bit of hardware you're interested in, and you don't find a 3rd Party Plugin for it, add it to this forum. Be sure to include links to as much information as you can find about it.

Note: adding it here does not mean we're going to add it - in fact it's possible one of our 3rd party developers may decide to write a plugin for it. We add hardware/features based on a lot of different factors beyond just having a request for it.

Posted on
Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:55 pm
costap offline

Wink Relay

I use Indigo at my current house in a almost exclusively Insteon setup. I am building a new house and am considering using Wink Relays as the Keypads instead of KeypadLincs. If I did this I would probably make my new house mostly Z-Wave. I know Indigo supports Z-Wave but as far as I can tell I will not be able to use Indigo if I use Wink Relay. Is there anything I can do to make the Wink Relay work as a keypad in Indigo?

Posted on
Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:21 am
howartp offline

Re: Wink Relay

According to the wink website, there is an API (http://docs.wink.apiary.io/) but it doesn't look very well designed (possibly because the firmware behind Wink devices isn't very well written?) - someone who understands the Wink eco-system should be able to write a plugin to interact with Wink, though whether it has all the functionality you might want is anyone's guess.

Posted on
Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:22 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Wink Relay

[MODERATOR NOTE] moved to the appropriate forum.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1