Heatit Z-Water

Forum rules

Questions about hardware that can be controlled by Indigo (but not through the interfaces and plugins listed). If Indigo doesn't support some bit of hardware you're interested in, and you don't find a 3rd Party Plugin for it, add it to this forum. Be sure to include links to as much information as you can find about it.

Note: adding it here does not mean we're going to add it - in fact it's possible one of our 3rd party developers may decide to write a plugin for it. We add hardware/features based on a lot of different factors beyond just having a request for it.

Posted on
Wed May 26, 2021 2:00 pm
IndigoSam offline

Heatit Z-Water

Does anyone know if the Heatit Z-Water unit is controllable from Indigo?

e.g https://www.vesternet.com/collections/z-wave-thermostats-trvs-heating-controls/products/z-wave-heatit-z-water

Sam.

Posted on
Wed May 26, 2021 2:04 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Heatit Z-Water

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Wed May 26, 2021 2:15 pm
IndigoSam offline

That looks like the thermostat, rather than the multi-relay device? Unless I'm missing something?

Although the last post doesn't look good from a general manufacturer point of view!

Sam.

Posted on
Wed May 26, 2021 7:39 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

No one has reported trying that module yet, so we don't have a device definition for it yet. Indigo might be able to control all of the relays out-of-the-box without a definition though. We'll need someone to try it out and report the device sync Event Log results to us if it needs a device definition.

Posted on
Thu May 27, 2021 2:19 pm
IndigoSam offline

matt (support) wrote:
No one has reported trying that module yet, so we don't have a device definition for it yet. Indigo might be able to control all of the relays out-of-the-box without a definition though. We'll need someone to try it out and report the device sync Event Log results to us if it needs a device definition.

Thanks Matt. I'm okay with spending the money for something that doesn't work straight off, as it will probably work at some point. I'm more concerned with the user report of the thermostat from the same company.

Sam.

Posted on
Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:40 am
Bildhauer offline

Hello,

I’ve installed the HeatIt system to manage my irrigation system. Now I want to have a virtual device or something similar which can do the following:

start irrigation circle no. 1
    let it run for x minutes
    stop irrigation circle no. 1
    start irrigation circle no. 2
    let it run for x minutes
    stop irrigation circle no. 2
    start irrigation circle no. 3
    let it run for x minutes
    stop irrigation circle no. 3
    etc. …

The time each circle must run must be defined by a variable. Do you have an idea to start/ stop such an action?

Best regards

Bildhauer

Posted on
Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:48 pm
Bildhauer offline

After all I managed to use it for my (lawn) irrigation system.

Additional question: I would like to use it to control underfloor heating. Is it possible to control valves in such a way that you can say open/close it at 10%, 20%, 30% etc. and not just on/off?

Here is a link to the manual : https://manuals.heatit.com/PDF/Heatit%2 ... -A_ENG.pdf

Best regards

Bildhauer

Posted on
Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:06 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

From the PDF it looks like the outputs are all relays, so I think it just does on/off.

Unrelated to that, can you re-sync the device in Indigo then copy/paste the Event Log result into a reply for me? I'd like to see exactly how it reports itself to Indigo, which will help us (eventually) have Indigo's sprinkler actions control it.

Page 1 of 1