Problem deleting Control Page

Posted on
Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:31 am
rafsel offline

Problem deleting Control Page

I am trying to delete a no longer used control page named "Control Page OLD". When I attempted to do so I got the following message:

Screenshot 2023-12-31 at 9.16.01 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-12-31 at 9.16.01 AM.png (56.09 KiB) Viewed 260 times

So I deleted all elements from the control page "Control Page OLD":

Screenshot 2023-12-31 at 9.15.48 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-12-31 at 9.15.48 AM.png (100.25 KiB) Viewed 260 times

Those "dependent objects" are being used by other control pages so I can't go ahead and delete them.

Any idea on how to safely remove this Control Page?

Posted on
Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:01 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Problem deleting Control Page

That error message in this case, which isn't fully accurate and overly cautious, is likely referring to navigation controls on those other Control Pages (LH keypad, LH Device States, etc.) that refer to or link to the Control Page "Control Page OLD." If you find and delete those controls linking to the Control Page you are deleting then you won't get the warning message. If you don't and just proceed with the Delete button, then Indigo will delete those controls from the Control Pages (but the rest of the Control Page will be left unmodified). So in this case the warning should say it will be deleting the controls from the Control Pages; not the Control Pages themselves.

Just to be safe you can duplicate your Indigo database file first, so that if something goes astray you can easily revert back.

Posted on
Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:22 pm
rafsel offline

Re: Problem deleting Control Page

Ahh, now I understand: it is showing references to and from the control page. This actually explains why when I duplicated the referenced control pages "LH Device States New" and "LH Keypad New" for safety sake it didn't work.

Deleted the references to the old control page and as expected it deleted without complaining.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 1