Sonoma

Posted on
Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:06 pm
jltnol offline

Sonoma

Just wondering how Indigo is working with Sonoma. Havne't upgraded yet.... not necessarily in a rush... but am curious if there are any show stopper issues with the upgrade....

Posted on
Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:10 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Sonoma

My dev system is Sonoma. No issues for me.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:54 pm
Londonmark offline

All fine for me too.

Posted on
Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:15 pm
jltnol offline

Thanks for the feedback.

Ill put the upgrade in motion in the AM for sure

Posted on
Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:57 am
durosity offline

So far I’ve found Sonoma pretty darn stable. Nothing particularly bothersome or problematic beyond some odd UI choices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:21 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Indigo doesn't have Sonoma issues that we or the community have identified.

However, I will say that I've personally found a some very disturbing Sonoma bugs. In retrospect, I would have avoided upgrading and would have reverted if it were a straight-forward task. My first clue that thing were not going to go well should have been when I started downloading the Sonoma installer (not actually run against my boot volume, just download) and went off to lunch (which is my normal procedure since in the past it launched the installer and waited for me to select which volume to install on). Imagine my surprise when I came back after lunch to find that it had automatically installed over my existing install without any intervention.

And frankly it's been downhill from there. Some of you may have heard that an internal Apple email last week paused all new feature development so everyone could focus on bug fixes. For a week. I hate to tell Apple management this, but it's going to take more than a week to address all the issues in Sonoma. This is, in my opinion, the worst macOS release since High Sierra maybe? They desperately need another Snow Leopard release where the primary goal was to harden the OS by fixing the tons of outstanding bugs which I suspect have been reported.

Of course, this is just my take... :wink:

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:47 am
durosity offline

jay (support) wrote:
For a week. I hate to tell Apple management this, but it's going to take more than a week to address all the issues in Sonoma. This is, in my opinion, the worst macOS release since High Sierra maybe?

Interesting how our experiences Have differed so. I was actually thinking it’s been remarkably stable. That’s not to say it’s perfect.. but so far I’ve had almost no issues. That said we probably use them in wildly varying ways.

That said I would very much like a Snow Leopard overhaul for both macOS and iOS. Some of the less core functionality like shortcuts is a mess.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:53 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

durosity wrote:
Some of the less core functionality like shortcuts is a mess.

I've spent the last several days on this exact issue, trying to harden our use of Shortcuts to work around the variety of Shortcut related bugs...

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:11 am
durosity offline

You can harden it all you like, but you’re still gonna be working with jelly!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:31 pm
jltnol offline

So I've upgraded my Indigo Server to Sonoma, and all seems well. I don't really use this computer "hands on" as much as my others, so haven't noticed anything I have problems with

I hate to tell Apple management this, but it's going to take more than a week to address all the issues in Sonoma.

I also upgraded 2 other computers to Sonoma, and the Apple's bugs are REALLY beginning to annoy. And most of my complaints aren't new, but go back for a few OS updates. Spotlight seem useless on external SSD's for some reason(at least those in an OWC TB4 cage), File Sharing has been a mess, and as Apple piles on more "features", most of which I consider overkill, it makes getting anything done much harder, at least for me. Finding the correct settings in System Preferences is now a hours long affair.

But right now, I'm about to go outside and yell at the kids to get off my lawn.

Posted on
Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:41 am
Different Computers offline

How is Sonoma looking these days? I am still one release behind, but if it has smoothed out at all, I'd love to give it a go.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:09 pm
Londonmark offline

Been fine for me for several months.

Posted on
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:08 am
vintonc offline

I just "upgraded" from the latest Ventura version to the latest Sonoma 14.4.1 on my M1 Mac mini and it's locked up every night. I only notice when I try to activate the going to bed scene via Siri and HomeKitLinkSiri. It worked flawlessly on Ventura and now it's a real pain. It must be a Sonoma issue but I'm not sure where to start looking since I have to force a reboot before I can log in. The clock on the screen saver never updates, even after 20 minutes. I don't know if it's maybe doing a Time Machine backup and won't release enough cpu to allow other tasks to function or what. I do see activity on the external drive occasionally..

I'm running 2023.2 and all plugins are green and fully update.

Any suggestions on tracing what is going on when the Lock Screen is preventing me from accessing, terminal, console or activity monitor would be appreciated.

Posted on
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:26 am
DaveL17 offline

I have been running 14.4.1 on both my machines with no trouble. A couple things you could try to isolate the issue:

- disable all plugins and see if it still locks up,
- check to ensure that the machine isn't trying to go to sleep,
- check the Indigo log to see what's happening around the time it locks up,
- disable any schedules around the time it locks up.

Can you tell if it's happening at the same time every day?

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Page 1 of 1