LowLevelBadParameterError

Posted on
Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:12 pm
Different Computers offline

LowLevelBadParameterError

I'm getting this in my log:
Code: Select all
   Error                           LowLevelBadParameterError -- device value type for state key sensorValue must be real

Searching here for "LowLevelBadParameterError" shows it happening in a bunch of different plugins. Notably for me, the error doesn't tell me anything about what device/trigger/plugin/whatever is causing the error.

Any guidance on how to troubleshoot this? I've yet to notice it happening consistently so can't really narrow it down based on what was happening just before it posted the error. My hunch is that the entire thing errors out before it can post anything besides an error.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:11 am
kw123 offline

Re: LowLevelBadParameterError

Enable sql debug logging

That will show more info ( if you have enabled sql db)

That’s how I find bad state type definitions in my plugins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:40 pm

I'm not much for parsing SQL, but here's the first thing I found:

560000Z-Wavereceived "Bedside luminance" sensor update to 0%|ÇÙß!A      Å72023-10-16 13:27:30.725000ErrorLowLevelBadParameterError -- device value type for state key sensorValue must be realÅÇÙß A1ÅI2023-10-16

All examples of LowLevelBadParemeterError seem to be related to those damned HSM200 motion sensors. Three different ones in fact.

Hmmmm. This one isn't an HSM200:
Z-Wavereceived "Garden Luminance" sensor update to 10 lux|ÇÛ¿A      Å72023-10-15 06:28:52.125000ErrorLowLevelBadParameterError -- device value type for state key sensorValue must be real

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:53 pm
kw123 offline

That looks like some characters written to the sensor value.

The author of the plugin needs to fix that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:59 am

No plugin.

That’s a standard z-wave device.

Posted on
Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:46 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

It appears that device is returning junk for the sensor value. If it's battery powered, you might want to remove the battery and wait a few minutes. If it's plugged in, unplug it for a few minutes.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:54 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I think some plugin is trying to update the device state raw sensor value (which should always be a number) with a UI string (which contains "%" or "lux"). I'm pretty confident it isn't the Z-Wave plugin doing this (or no sensor modules would work), so I think it is some other plugin you have that is trying to update a virtual device state or something (based on that Z-Wave module)? Maybe you just have it mis-configured?

Posted on
Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:24 pm

Not sure how I could have it misconfigured. Define and Sync manages with no errors.

This is from one of those extremely problematic HSM200s, which I wouldn't trust to tell me anything.

How can I further investigate? Check all dependencies? I don't have any weird plugin stuff connected to this as far as I can recall.

Page 1 of 1