Running ver 7.4 and keeps crashing after a few minutes

Posted on
Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:01 pm
mediabox offline

Running ver 7.4 and keeps crashing after a few minutes

I haven't change anything recently. Just crashes now after a few minutes. I've tried:

* disabling all plugins
* removing the Z-stick
* disk checks
* reinstalled Indigo_7_4_0.dmg file.
* tried to run Mac bootup diagnostics but fails w/ "Cannot Load EFI/Drivers/TestSupport.efi'. (I replaced the HDD w/ SDD a while back and probably didn't get copied over).
* swapping memory didn't help

High Sierra 10.13.6
MacMini Late 2012
2.5G Intel i5
4G DDR3

Thanks in advance.

Code: Select all
Apr 20 20:40:08 Jays-Indigo-mini IndigoServer[507]: Z-Wave Error   make sure the USB virtual serial port driver (ex: FTDI driver) is installed and correct port is selected
Apr 20 20:40:08 Jays-Indigo-mini IndigoServer[507]: Z-Wave Error   Z-Wave Controller might be disconnected
Apr 20 20:40:08 Jays-Indigo-mini IndigoServer[507]: Z-Wave Error   silently retrying serial connection every 5.0 seconds
Apr 20 20:40:22 Jays-Indigo-mini Dock[279]: BUG in libdispatch client: kevent[mach_recv] monitored resource vanished before the source cancel handler was invoked
Apr 20 20:40:35 Jays-Indigo-mini com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.WebKit.Networking.E7AD6FF5-1631-4C3E-BFA3-88B483E2BAFE[457]): Service exited with abnormal code: 1
Apr 20 20:40:43 Jays-Indigo-mini login[530]: USER_PROCESS: 530 ttys000
Apr 20 20:41:13 Jays-Indigo-mini systemstats[67]: assertion failed: 17G6030: systemstats + 914800 [D1E75C38-62CE-3D77-9ED3-5F6D38EF0676]: 0x40
Apr 20 20:42:24 Jays-Indigo-mini com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.perceptiveautomation.indigo-server.6596[507]): Service exited due to signal: Segmentation fault: 11 sent by exc handler[0]
Apr 20 20:42:24 Jays-Indigo-mini IndigoPluginHost[512]: connection to server failed or was dropped
Apr 20 20:42:24 Jays-Indigo-mini IndigoPluginHost[517]: connection to server failed or was dropped
Apr 20 20:42:24 Jays-Indigo-mini IndigoPluginHost[518]: connection to server failed or was dropped
Apr 20 20:42:24 Jays-Indigo-mini IndigoPluginHost[516]: connection to server failed or was dropped
Apr 20 20:42:24 Jays-Indigo-mini IndigoPluginHost[511]: connection to server failed or was dropped
Apr 20 20:42:24 Jays-Indigo-mini IndigoPluginHost[514]: connection to server failed or was dropped
Apr 20 20:42:24 Jays-Indigo-mini IndigoPluginHost[510]: connection to server failed or was dropped
Apr 20 20:42:24 Jays-Indigo-mini IndigoPluginHost[515]: connection to server failed or was dropped
Apr 20 20:42:24 Jays-Indigo-mini IndigoPluginHost[513]: connection to server failed or was dropped
Apr 20 20:42:24 Jays-Indigo-mini IndigoPluginHost[519]: connection to server failed or was dropped
Apr 20 20:42:24 Jays-Indigo-mini IndigoPluginHost[526]: connection to server failed or was dropped
Apr 20 20:42:24 Jays-Indigo-mini IndigoPluginHost[514]: Quitting Indigo Plugin Host - received quit signal
Apr 20 20:42:24 Jays-Indigo-mini IndigoPluginHost[514]: NOAA Weather - Error in plugin execution _preShutdown:

Traceback (most recent call last):
     File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/plugin_base.py", line 379, in _preShutdown
     File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/plugin_base.py", line 1203, in _triggerEnumAndStopProcessing
   StandardError: ServerCommunicationError -- server connection not open
Apr 20 20:42:24 Jays-Indigo-mini IndigoPluginHost[511]: Quitting Indigo Plugin Host - received quit signal
Apr 20 20:42:24 Jays-Indigo-mini IndigoPluginHost[511]: Z-Wave - Error in plugin execution _preShutdown:

File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/plugin_base.py", line 379, in _preShutdown
     File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/plugin_base.py", line 1203, in _triggerEnumAndStopProcessing
Apr 20 20:42:24 Jays-Indigo-mini IndigoPluginHost[517]: Quitting Indigo Plugin Host - received quit signal
Apr 20 20:42:24 Jays-Indigo-mini IndigoPluginHost[517]: Virtual Devices - Error in plugin execution _preShutdown:

Apr 20 20:42:24 Jays-Indigo-mini IndigoPluginHost[510]: Quitting Indigo Plugin Host - received quit signal
Apr 20 20:42:24 Jays-Indigo-mini IndigoPluginHost[510]: Action Collection - Error in plugin execution _preShutdown:

Apr 20 20:42:24 Jays-Indigo-mini IndigoPluginHost[518]: Quitting Indigo Plugin Host - received quit signal
Apr 20 20:42:24 Jays-Indigo-mini IndigoPluginHost[518]: WeatherSnoop - Error in plugin execution _preShutdown:

Apr 20 20:42:24 Jays-Indigo-mini IndigoPluginHost[512]: Quitting Indigo Plugin Host - received quit signal
Apr 20 20:42:24 Jays-Indigo-mini IndigoPluginHost[512]: Alexa-Hue Bridge - Error in plugin execution _preShutdown:

Apr 20 20:42:24 Jays-Indigo-mini IndigoPluginHost[513]: Quitting Indigo Plugin Host - received quit signal
Apr 20 20:42:24 Jays-Indigo-mini IndigoPluginHost[516]: Quitting Indigo Plugin Host - received quit signal
Apr 20 20:42:24 Jays-Indigo-mini IndigoPluginHost[513]: Better Email - Error in plugin execution _preShutdown:

Apr 20 20:42:24 Jays-Indigo-mini IndigoPluginHost[526]: Script - Error in plugin execution _preShutdown:

Apr 20 20:42:24 Jays-Indigo-mini IndigoPluginHost[516]: Timers and Pesters - Error in plugin execution _preShutdown:

Apr 20 20:42:24 Jays-Indigo-mini IndigoPluginHost[515]: Quitting Indigo Plugin Host - received quit signal
Apr 20 20:42:24 Jays-Indigo-mini IndigoPluginHost[515]: Scale Adapters - Error in plugin execution _preShutdown:

Apr 20 20:42:24 Jays-Indigo-mini IndigoPluginHost[519]: Quitting Indigo Plugin Host - received quit signal
Apr 20 20:42:24 Jays-Indigo-mini IndigoPluginHost[519]: Z-Wave Lock Manager - Error in plugin execution _preShutdown:

Jays-Indigo-mini:~ jay$

Posted on
Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:16 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Running ver 7.4 and keeps crashing after a few minutes

A segmentation fault that starts happening after no apparently change is usually caused by a corrupt executable. Systemic issues (disk problems, etc) are usually the cause for files to become corrupt.

You can try to reinstall Indigo 7.4 to see if that corrects it. But something else caused Indigo to become corrupt. A Mac crash (or a power outage on a Mac not on a UPS) could corrupt the disk (we haven't had any reports of Indigo causing crashes in many MANY years so it's unlikely to be the source of the original crash), or more likely a disk failure - disks ALWAYS fail eventually and if your disk is the original one that came with the Mac it's most likely the cause of your issues.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:06 am
mediabox offline

Thanks Jay.

Actually reinstalling is one of the first things I tried (in original post). I did swap out the HDD with SDD a few years back.

Things I've tried since:
* reset NVRAM/PRAM
* upgrade to Catalina (from High Sierra)
* restored from time machine
* moved SSD drive to 2nd Mac Mini

So the 2nd Mac Mini was a little more complicated because it wouldn't run since I had to deactivate it from the other machine. After swapping drives back and forth, got it running. To my surprise Indigo crashed after a few mins! I was stumped and then I recall getting Xfiniti emails saying that one of my clients is old and won't be supporting it much longer. So, I went into email preferences and edited the POP and SMTP servers so it would fail to do email activities and it worked!! (In the end it was just the POP that it had issues with)

So then I deleted all (which was less than 20 since it dedicated for Indigo) my email from that email account, and that didn't help.

I'll try a gmail account next... (or if anyone want to send a coupon I wouldn't mind upgrading).

Posted on
Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:46 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Check out the Better Email plugin in the Plugin Store - we used that as the replacement for the old built-in email library that's in 7.x in a later release. It's significantly better and more stable than that old library.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:12 pm
mediabox offline

I was using Better Email but not for receiving emails. I did figure it out and life is good again. Thanks!

Page 1 of 1