2022.2 web error

Posted on
Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:12 am
siclark offline

2022.2 web error

Hi Matt and Jay

Excited to get this installed but I’m getting this error when loading the webpage from my phone.

It shows the black loading box, briefly flashes to show all devices then back to the black box then below error.

Same occurs via reflector when away from home

Any ideas?

Cheers. Simon

Posted on
Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:03 am
siclark offline

Re: 2022.2 web error

I am wondering if its to do with too many devices, especially as I have fingscan and Unifi created devices for all my network, which is a few hundred. I tried disbling the folder from remote display but it doesnt do anything.

I have deleted all my Unifi created devices and it is now loading on the phone. Seems to be a time out issue on mobile safari? I dont need all my devices on the web view, but I'd rather not have to turn them all off individually.

However can I say how great the new web interface looks now. Excited to see if I can make some new dashboards now I might be more keen to use and share them.

Posted on
Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:06 am
siclark offline

2022.2 web error

I take it back. It loads on my iPhone but takes 3-5 seconds and then another few to let me try and type in a name contains, which is very laggy, and then it displays the above error again.

Edit: to be clear it works on Mac but not iPhone.

It also works on chrome on iPhone. It’s just mobile Safari.

Posted on
Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:30 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

I've added an enhancement request to honor the remote display flag on folders, so you'll be able to put devices you don't want showing into a folder that has the flag off and those won't go to the client.

In our testing we've found that Safari, on all Apple platforms, is extremely buggy when it comes to WebSockets, the technology we're using for communication. This sounds like yet another bug. We did fix an earlier bug that had to do with the number of devices, but we were testing with a DB of about 140 devices (which we consider a large db). How many do you have?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:26 am
siclark offline

jay (support) wrote:
I've added an enhancement request to honor the remote display flag on folders, so you'll be able to put devices you don't want showing into a folder that has the flag off and those won't go to the client.

In our testing we've found that Safari, on all Apple platforms, is extremely buggy when it comes to WebSockets, the technology we're using for communication. This sounds like yet another bug. We did fix an earlier bug that had to do with the number of devices, but we were testing with a DB of about 140 devices (which we consider a large db). How many do you have?

I did suspect it was Safari but I have been trying to avoid Chrome.

At a quick count of devices, based on rows per screen height and how many times I can page through, I think 450-500., probably 100-150 are from fingscan, and this is after deleting all the Unifi created devices on my network, which was at least 50. I use a lot of plugins! My heating setup alone has 60 devices.

Posted on
Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:27 am
Different Computers offline

I'll jump in here on this topic even though I've got a different error that I did not see prior to today's update.

Code: Select all
 Web Server Error                /web/refreshingimage: refreshing image from file:///Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.1/Web Assets/public/patio.jpg too large
   Web Server Error                internal server error for request /web/refreshingimage from (my redactedexternal IP)

Now I know why "size to large" happens but this is triggering when I go to serverip./web/controlpage.html, which is theoretically just a list of all my control pages. I can still access individual control pages directly.

Generally, looks like the update went smoothly.

Wait though: did the URL for the list of control pages change?? I think it did.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:15 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Different Computers wrote:
when I go to serverip./web/controlpage.html, which is theoretically just a list of all my control pages..

Incorrect. The control page list is part of Indigo Touch for Web. You can go directly to the control page list in ITW like this:

http://yourlocalip:8176/index.html?tab=pages

This url is what you use to open a specific control page, and you have to specify the ID of the page:

http://yourlocalip:8176/web/controlpage.html?id=885584633

That will go directly to the control page.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:18 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

siclark wrote:
At a quick count of devices, based on rows per screen height and how many times I can page through, I think 450-500

I have to say, that is an insanely high number. You can't really be using all 500 of those devices for automations or direct control...

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:38 pm
Different Computers offline

jay (support) wrote:

This url is what you use to open a specific control page, and you have to specify the ID of the page:

http://yourlocalip:8176/web/controlpage.html?id=885584633

That will go directly to the control page.

Very odd. I had http://IPADDRESS:8176/web/controlpage.html?id=55555555 saved in bookmarks, and in previous versions it always took me to a list of control pages. Now it gives me a blank page.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:04 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Different Computers wrote:
Very odd. I had http://IPADDRESS:8176/web/controlpage.html?id=55555555 saved in bookmarks, and in previous versions it always took me to a list of control pages. Now it gives me a blank page.

Not sure why that would be bookmarked - the prior web pages didn't use IDs...

When you hit a URL like that with a control page ID that doesn't exist, you should see an error like this:

bad_control_page_id.png
bad_control_page_id.png (25.17 KiB) Viewed 1402 times

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:11 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

siclark wrote:
At a quick count of devices, based on rows per screen height and how many times I can page through, I think 450-500.

After playing around with the client some, I found a workaround that's less annoying that individually clicking on each device:

1. In your device view, make the Remote Display column the first column with checkmarks (you can drag columns to reorder them)
  2. At this point, you can hit the space bar and it will toggle the Remote Display checkbox (you probably see where this is going)
  3. You can hit the down arrow to go to the next device and repeat
  4. Assuming you have a whole folder full of devices that you don't want to see in ITW, just go to the first device in that folder and repeat steps 2 and 3 repeatedly

So, this clearly isn't a fix, but it's significantly better than clicking each one individually since you can get into a groove of space-down-space-down... :D

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:45 pm
DVDDave offline

Hi Matt and Jay,

I just upgraded to 2022.2 and am getting having similar issue. However, instead of an error when I try to view devices, none show up at all. The header and filter boxes are there, but no devices. The other selections (actions, variables, etc) work properly.

FYI, I have about 150 active devices plus about 100 more with comms disabled.

--Dave

Edit: I turned Remote Display off on all but about 70 items. Now 5 random devices show up.

Edit 2: The rest of the devices now showed up about 5 minutes later.

Posted on
Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:38 pm
siclark offline

jay (support) wrote:
siclark wrote:
At a quick count of devices, based on rows per screen height and how many times I can page through, I think 450-500

I have to say, that is an insanely high number. You can't really be using all 500 of those devices for automations or direct control...
As I said my heating uses 60, my alarm system is more, maybe 80 which includes devices for control panel and then masquerades of some devices for HomeKit.

Lights are 30 plus then all the various remote controls, and associated devices for various plugins, timers, pibeacon, AV systems etc.

But yes Fingscan and unifi are responsible for a lot, and I need to rationalise that a bit, if it’s even possible to use them without having devices created for all network devices. I need functionality of the plugins and some of their devices but not all.

Posted on
Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:31 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

DVDDave wrote:
FYI, I have about 150 active devices plus about 100 more with comms disabled.

--Dave

Edit: I turned Remote Display off on all but about 70 items. Now 5 random devices show up.

Edit 2: The rest of the devices now showed up about 5 minutes later.

Odd. We tested with a database that had about 150 devices in it and while it was a little laggy loading (that's why there's the loading screen), once loaded it ran fine, both locally and over the network. I've never seen the 5 minute wait between turning off remote display and those disappearing from ITW - in our testing it was pretty much instantaneous.

Some questions to help identify your environment:

1) What web browser (and version) were you using?
2) What OS (macOS, iPadOS, Windows, etc)?
3) Were you running on the same Mac as the server or on a different one?
4) Were you running over your local network or through the reflector?
5) What is your Indigo Server hardware (exact specs please)?

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:32 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

siclark wrote:
As I said my heating uses 60, my alarm system is more, maybe 80 which includes devices for control panel and then masquerades of some devices for HomeKit.

Well, hopefully the tip I posted above will help you turn off remote display on all the ones that aren't really necessary.

Jay (Indigo Support)