2022.2 web error

Posted on
Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:49 pm
DVDDave offline

Re: 2022.2 web error

jay (support) wrote:
DVDDave wrote:
FYI, I have about 150 active devices plus about 100 more with comms disabled.

--Dave

Edit: I turned Remote Display off on all but about 70 items. Now 5 random devices show up.

Edit 2: The rest of the devices now showed up about 5 minutes later.

Odd. We tested with a database that had about 150 devices in it and while it was a little laggy loading (that's why there's the loading screen), once loaded it ran fine, both locally and over the network. I've never seen the 5 minute wait between turning off remote display and those disappearing from ITW - in our testing it was pretty much instantaneous.

Some questions to help identify your environment:

1) What web browser (and version) were you using?
2) What OS (macOS, iPadOS, Windows, etc)?
3) Were you running on the same Mac as the server or on a different one?
4) Were you running over your local network or through the reflector?

I was using latest version of MacOS Safari on a client Mac through the reflector. I then tried it on iOS Safari and then MacOS Chrome. As I was trying various browser and after turning off remote display of many of the devices, the rest of them showed up.

It still seems to be operating normally, with about a 10 second delay loading/reloading the initial display. Only about 30 log entries load but I'm not sure whether that's normal.

Posted on
Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:35 pm
Different Computers offline

Is it possible the maximum image size for the 2022.2 web server is lower than the previous version's? I'm getting errors on some image displays, and that would be the simplest answer.

I also ask because the old web server would say what the max size was in the log, and the new one just says "too large."

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:43 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

The maximum image size allowed has not change – it is 475K for an image that has to go over a reflector and 1.5M otherwise.