Soooooo when does Indigo....

Posted on
Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:40 pm
jltnol offline

Soooooo when does Indigo....

...save a database file?

So I wrote a small python script a few days ago, and after tinkering around with it today, decided I wanted to go back and check on something I had done with it originally. I'm using Carbon Copy Cloner to nightly backup the Indigo database file on a separate server. I can find all the older database files... one for each day... but the file from 2 days ago, which SHOULD have had my original Python script....doesn't have it. It was a schedule that is just not there.

So I'm kind of aware lots of programs don't write anything to disc until the application has quit.... so am wondering if Indigo does the same.... Changes I make in the database aren't really "written" to the hard drive until the app has quit....

This is of little consequence..... the missing script was easy to replicate, but now not sure I need to be saving copy of the database file every day....

Posted on
Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:11 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Soooooo when does Indigo....

I'm not sure how to explain what you saw, but Indigo auto saves the database every 15 minutes if any change has been made.

Posted on
Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:19 pm
jltnol offline

Re: Soooooo when does Indigo....

Good answer

Could be the problem I'm seeing is manifesting elsewhere in my backup chain. But GOOD to know about the time frame!
Thanks

Page 1 of 1