macOS Ventura releases Oct 24

Posted on
Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:09 pm
srkinard offline

macOS Ventura releases Oct 24

Hey guys...

Haven't had any issues running the client app on Ventura for the past 2 months or so, but was curious what the current status for Server is now that the Release Candidate (22A379) released earlier today.

Just wondering...

Thanks
Ross

Posted on
Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:26 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: macOS Ventura releases Oct 24

So far the betas are working with Indigo, BUT we recommend against upgrading until the dust settles. Since Indigo is mission critical for lots of folks, it is normally best to wait a couple of months until the first or second bug fix releases comes out. If you have an easy way to revert back if there is a problem (ex: two Macs, one running an older macOS version) then you might consider it if you are adventurous and have a tolerance for any Indigo compatibility issues or macOS stability issues that crop up.

Note there was a problem introduced by Ventura that caused our reflector tunnels to fail, but we were able to address that on the backend with our recent reflector server upgrades so a new release of Indigo was not required.

Posted on
Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:53 pm
Dual offline

Indeed mission critical and therefore I am always a very late adopter. I just upgraded to Monterey on both of my Indigo systems. I likely won’t move to Ventura for a year! I even hold back with Indigo upgrades and just moved to Indigo 2022 when I did the Monterey update. I am happy to let others be the pioneers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:26 pm
durosity offline

Considering the problems I’ve seen reported with the GM release I’d probably avoid it for any machines for a couple of months.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:06 am
McJohn offline

We received a message from Airfoil that the the “Text to Speech” special source is no longer available on MacOS 13 (Ventura).
https://rogueamoeba.com/support/knowled ... il+for+Mac

Don't know if this also has effect at the Speak functionality in the Indigo Actions?

Posted on
Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:39 pm
Londonmark offline

Anyone else taken the plunge yet?

Posted on
Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:26 pm
jltnol offline

I just upgraded my desktop to Ventura, and this should come as no surprise to anyone, but, and the Indigo Client seems to be working just fine. I've never really had an issue with OS updates and the Indigo Client, but am waiting to upgrade my Indigo Server for a bit.

And with that said, Apple seems to have forgotten how to upgrade their own OS's. I was up to date on Monterey, did the Ventura update which took about 15-20 minutes, the computer re-started, did a bunch of install work (the progress showed about 10 min to go...) but when all was said and done, I was still on Monterey. So had to do the whole process again to get to Ventura. This is not the first time(at least for me) a major upgrade has been less than perfect.

Posted on
Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:27 pm
srkinard offline

I went ahead and upgraded the server. Everything is working like normal.

Posted on
Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:49 pm
jalves offline

I updated my server machine to Ventura today. All appears to be operating as normal.

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:25 pm
Londonmark offline

I’ve updated my server now and all fine. Using z-wave (aeotec stick) and RFX stuff.

Posted on
Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:22 am
STO offline

I just upgraded my 2020 MacBook Air M1 to Ventura 13.0.1 from Monterey and am pleased to report that Indigo is working perfectly. I looked at several previous posters who reported similar positive experience and since I prefer to have all 4 Macs in the house running the same OS, decided to give it a try, fully prepared to restore to from a previous Time Machine backup if need be. Indigo Touch is working fine as is my Alexa integration.

Just thought I would share my experience and add to the list of problem free upgrades.

Posted on
Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:49 pm
DVDDave offline

Server update to Ventura on M1 Mac Mini went well. Absolutely no issues so far. :D

Posted on
Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:03 pm
Turribeach offline

Upgraded my 2018 MacMini to MacOS Ventura 13.0.1 for both Client and Server and no issues found so far.

Posted on
Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:08 am
Different Computers offline

Jumped to 13.1 this morning with no major hitches.

Bond plugin throws a new error at startup, but continues to work.

Unifi-Wifi-AP plugin has a ssh login problem to my UDM, which may have something to do with how Ventura handles SSH keys. Still investigating, but like the Bond plugin, the Unifi plugin continues to work as it complains.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Page 1 of 1