Unable to open scripting shell from Indigo

Posted on
Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:43 am
anyone offline

Unable to open scripting shell from Indigo

Just noticed this problem and I'm unclear if it's something I caused. The only recent change I made was moving my bash settings, configurations, and scripts over to zsh.

When I select Plugins -> Open Scripting Shell, I get a window displaying this:

Code: Select all
/Applications/Indigo 2022.1.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/launch_indigopluginhost.command: line 5: /usr/local/indigo/indigo-host: Permission denied

Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

[Process completed]

the file launch_indigopluginhost.command contains:

#!/bin/bash
#

clear
/usr/local/indigo/indigo-host

looking at that path, the directory 'indigo' permission look odd.

drwxrwx---   7 root  wheel   224 Jul  2 10:00 indigo

I can however get to the shell with this;

'/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.1/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/MacOS/IndigoPluginHost' -i

What I can't do though is this, which is what I was actually am trying to do, is run code in this manner:
'/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.1/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/MacOS/IndigoPluginHost' -e 'indigo.server.log("hello")'
could not find/access plugin folder: /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.1/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/ScriptExecutor.indigoPlugin

Posted on
Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:09 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Unable to open scripting shell from Indigo

Are you running from the account Indigo is installed under? If so, try rerunning the installer.

[EDIT] I think you are probably trying to run this from a non-admin account, which is the problem.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:59 am
anyone offline

Re: Unable to open scripting shell from Indigo

jay (support) wrote:
Are you running from the account Indigo is installed under? If so, try rerunning the installer.

[EDIT] I think you are probably trying to run this from a non-admin account, which is the problem.

Thanks for the assistance Jay. I'm running from an admin account, the same account Indigo was installed with.

I reran the installer, no difference.

What I tried after that was deleted the /usr/local/indigo directory, with the hope that the installer would replace it updating the permissions.
sudo rm -rf /usr/local/indigo

Then I re-ran the installer.

That resolved this issue for me.

Page 1 of 1