Leaving Indigo. Thanks for all the help over the years.

Posted on
Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:21 pm
Jann offline

Leaving Indigo. Thanks for all the help over the years.

Well, unfortunately the time has come where I must say goodbye to Indigo! :shock:

I cannot say this is by choice - though the recent inability to update my computer until Indigo was updated kinda made my husband make the decision for me - though he understood that was NOT Matt & Jay's fault. It was Apple's!

My 2019 21.5" iMac is dying and it was the hardware I was using to run Indigo. I've got a MBPro (M1) as well - and can't see leaving it on and running (and AT HOME) all the time just to run this piece of software...but can't see buying another $1k computer just for home automation, either. I've chosen to use a Hubitat hub to replace the computer instead.

Thanks for all the years of support Matt & Jay (It's been a long time since I started using Indigo! Since 2005!). This is a fantastic product and one I will miss!

To everyone out there who made all the plugins I use (Hue, Ecobee, etc), I thank you too!

It's been 17 years of fun and learning for me! When/if I get another desktop Mac, I'll be back. (or maybe we could get Matt & Jay to make an iPad version that can be a server - though that would require a decent z-Wave dongle we could use from iPad! I've got 1/2 dozen of decent iPads lying around!) :lol:

Thanks again!
Jann

Posted on
Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:58 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Leaving Indigo. Thanks for all the help over the years.

Unfortunately, there still isn't a way to have an always-on background app on an iPad. We don't ever see Apple doing that in the future either.

I assume that you've decided buying a used mini for a couple hundred isn't something you are interested in either?

In any event, we will welcome you back whenever you decide to return.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1