IndigoServer quits unexpectedly never stopping ...

Posted on
Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:21 am
rlesperance offline

IndigoServer quits unexpectedly never stopping ...

I have been having this problem for a while, but it was occasional. Now IndigoServer quits unexpectedly without never stopping and it got worse since upgrading to the last 2021.1 version.

Please help. !

Posted on
Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:53 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: IndigoServer quits unexpectedly never stopping ...

Please explain in detail what you mean by "quits unexpectedly" and "never stopping", because those seem to be in contradiction. Provide any logs that help to describe the issue.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:36 am
rlesperance offline

Indigo Server crashes ... and now more than ever. Please consult one of my thread in January 2020. The problem was lengthly discussed. with Matt.

I have 2 users on my iMac (late 2013 running Catalina 10.15.7): GuestUserAccount and MyUserAccount. Indigo is installed on the GuestUserAccount which is the startup user. In case of a power shortage, the GuestUser automatically logs in, allowing Indigo to get back to work. I occasionnaly also use Indigo from My PersonalAccount to control light and stuff.

I have been observing it more lately, and the IndigoServer crashes on MyUserAccount. I never saw it crash on the GuestUserAccount.

Posted on
Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:00 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

If you think it is related, it would be helpful to post a link to the other thread (which I eventually found here). To determine if it is related we'll need to see the screen capture of a new (2021.1) crash report. We can then see if it crashing in the same spot.

When does it crash – on startup? Randomly after startup? How frequently does it crash?

Beyond that, let's figure out if it is related to the previous problem first before we continue troubleshooting.

Posted on
Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:20 am
rlesperance offline

Hello Matt,

IndigoServer (IS) server crashes without any apparent reason. At the system level, I am not able to say if it's the same problem as before, but at the user level, the result is the same: IS crashes.. See here, for recents crash reports.

What has definitely changed recently is that it crashes more often, to an extent, that I leave the crash window open, hiding it behind another window to avoid seing it. Yesterday, I reinstalled the latest Indigo version (v2021.1) from within GuestUserAccount and it seemed to crash not as often, but it still does. This morning the crashes returned one after the other.

Note that the crashes only occur in MyPersonalUserAccount, and never in the Guest UserAccount where it has been installed.

Could a complete reinstall of the software help ? Maybe in the past, some upgrade installation have been made from within MyPersonnalUserAccount rather than from the GuestUserAccount.

Hope this information helps.

Posted on
Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:50 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Since the Indigo Server is running in the GUEST account, I'm not sure what you mean when you say it crashes in the PERSONAL account. Do you mean the Indigo client crashes when you use it from the PERSONAL account? Or that the server (running in the GUEST) account crashes when you use the client in the PERSONAL account?

Could you try not running the client in the PERSONAL account at all, and just use fast user switching to the GUEST account when you need to run the Indigo client?

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:58 pm
rlesperance offline

The problem I am trying to fix is that I get a IndigoServer Crash report in My PersonnalAccount. See attached picture.

As for what is running and where, my personnal understanding of the bit and pieces of "Indigo - IndigoServer - Client" is limited to what I see. and experiment.

I have 2 distinct user accounts on my computer: (GuestAccount and MyPersonnalAccount)

The GuestAccount logs in automatically. The Indigo app is installed in that user and I occasionnaly need to control it with the client app from MyPersonalAccount.

What is the problem of having the Indigo app installed in one user and, possibly, being controlled from a second user account ?
Attachments
IS Crash report.jpg
IS Crash report.jpg (160.63 KiB) Viewed 2354 times

Posted on
Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:26 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Are you absolutely positive that when you launch the Indigo client on the Personal account that it's not trying to start (another copy of) the server, which is actually crashing?

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:27 pm
rlesperance offline

How can I know that ?

Posted on
Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:30 pm
FlyingDiver offline

When the client is running, what does this menu look like?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-09-05 at 4.29.57 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-09-05 at 4.29.57 PM.png (349.82 KiB) Viewed 2340 times

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:39 pm
rlesperance offline

IndigoServer returns the crash message in MyPersonalAccount even if the Indigo client app is NOT running. See the requested menu attached.

Thanks for helping.
Attachments
Indigo menu.jpg
Indigo menu.jpg (257.27 KiB) Viewed 2348 times
Last edited by rlesperance on Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:44 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Select both the "Stop server" and the "close connection" options, you should get a dialog box asking what you want to do. Then use the "Connect to remote" option.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:46 pm
FlyingDiver offline

rlesperance wrote:
IndigoServer returns the crash message in MyUserAccount even if the Indigo client app is NOT running. See the requested menu attached.

Thanks for helping.

I thought it was "MyPersonalAccount" and "GuestUserAccount"? Which is "MyUserAccount"?

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:50 pm
rlesperance offline

Sorry ... MyUserAccount and MyPersonalAccount are the same . Typo corrected inb my previous message.

Posted on
Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:19 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I'm locking this topic, as the original poster created a new thread about it here.

Page 1 of 1