Indigo 7.4 failed to connect to Indigo server

Posted on
Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:19 pm
yeager64 offline

Indigo 7.4 failed to connect to Indigo server

when i try to open indigo click start local sever ... i get ..... Failed to connect to Indigo Server. The Indigo Sever is either unreadable over the network or is not running. i am on a mac mini 2020 hard wired ethernet , wifi is off, i am not over riding ports they are set to web server 8175 indigo sever port 1176. firewall is turned off. I am not able to get to my event logs as the application will not load.... Any ideas what i should try next ?

Posted on
Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:24 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Indigo 7.4 failed to connect to Indigo server

What macOS version are you using?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:38 pm
yeager64 offline

big sur 11.5.1

Posted on
Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:10 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

What has changed since it was last working? Did you move Macs? Upgrade your macOS?

If you moved Macs did you re-run the Indigo installer after moving over your Indigo data files?

Posted on
Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:51 pm
yeager64 offline

yes i did just migrate from a older mac that was running catalina , i ran the installer on the new computer and it did not help. after the migration the old computer is displaying the same behavior.

Posted on
Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:12 pm
yeager64 offline

also on the old computer i had to upgrade to Catalina once that was completed my Indigo 7.4 stopped working

Posted on
Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:20 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I don't understand how the old Mac could also stop working because you migrated files to the new Mac. ??

I know you said you aren't getting to the Event Log window showing, but what about the Event Log files? Do they show anything? This feels like a file/folder permission problem. If you used Migration Assistant it is notorious for not setting file/folder owners correctly.

Unplug any home automation controllers you have plugged into your Mac as well just to see if Indigo Server is getting hung up trying to communicate with them.

Lastly, have you tried installing and using the latest version of Indigo (v2021.1.0)? It shouldn't be necessary, but I am curious if it works or not. You can use a trial of it if your license isn't up-to-date (we can add an additional 30 day trial if you had one that expired).

Posted on
Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:45 pm
yeager64 offline

sorry for the confusion on the old computer i had to upgrade to catalina before the migration , Indigo stopped responding after that upgrade. I am not sure how to get to the event log folder. my license is up to date and good until i believe november 2021, I unplugged the usb for the PLM controller. i have installed the 2021v but i can not deactivate the license on the old computer when i try to start indigo i get the message about the server not responding

Thanks for you help

Posted on
Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:19 am
yeager64 offline

so here is where i am at now... on my old mac i downloaded v 7.5 and was able to Deactivate the license... on my new mac the 7.4 v is still giving me the same results .. i was able to download the newest v 2021.1.0 and it loads and works.. is there an easy/quick way to get all of my devices, schedules, triggers etc ? or am i going to hav e to rebuild it from scratch?

Posted on
Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:51 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

You can just copy the database file out of the Indigo 7.5 folder:

/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.5/Databases/

into the Indigo 2021.1/Databases/ folder and then double-click it while Indigo 2021.1 is running and it will open and convert it.

Page 1 of 1