Possible bug in Control Pages

Posted on
Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:06 pm
Gangotti offline

Possible bug in Control Pages

Not sure if this is a bug but here goes. I have created a virtual device to turn on all my path lighting devices (there are 3) with one device. the virtual device "All Path Lights" runs an action grout to turn all the path lights on when the virtual device is on and another action group turns the path lights off when the virtual device is off. This functionality works fine when I turn the virtual device on and off through the indigo interface. The problem is when I point a control panel object to the virtual device, the control panel device does not change state and the "toggle All Path Lights" Action for the object does not turn the virtual device on and off when I try to turn the "all path lights" on and off from the control page. Hope this is descriptive enough. please let me know if you need more information.

Indigo Version: 2021.1
Mac Version 10.12.6

"

Posted on
Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:49 pm
neilk offline

Re: Possible bug in Control Pages

Apologies if this is a stupid observation but have you implemented the toggle action group for the virtual device ?

https://wiki.indigodomo.com/doku.php?id=indigo_7_documentation:virtual_devices_interface

Posted on
Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:58 pm
jltnol offline

So my virtual device is for a few Hue lights, and I set it up to interface with HomeKit. But I also set up a variable to mirror the on/off state of one of my "chosen" hue lamps (they almost always work in unison). I created a new Trigger to take action anytime my chosen Hue light's on/off status changes, and the action is to insert the on/off state into my variable. More importantly, in my Virtual Device, I checked "Supports Status", and then chose my variable as the "Status Variable". That way, when the chosen Hue Light is on or off, it's state is mirrored in the variable, which my Virtual Devices checks to stay in sync.

Now, back on your control page, you can create a element to display Device State for your Virtual Device, and have it display the On/Off State. For Client Action, choose Popup UI controls, and from there you can turn it on or off. And because your Virtual Device is monitoring your on/off state variable, it own't matter where you turn it on or off from, it should always work and be in sync.... at least I think it should.

BUT.... I agree with you... it would make sense for the element on the Control Page to be able to toggle the Virtual Device based on the "Edit Actions" set to "Toggle Virtual Device", without having to have the Popup UI Controls.

Don't know if this will help with your situation.. I'm not a Virtual Expert....

Posted on
Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:10 pm
Gangotti offline

I have also noted recently that the virtual on-off devices do not change state in the device section. They do control the Action Groups like they are supposed to, but because they are not changing state in the device section, the objects in the control pages do not change state.

Posted on
Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:25 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Gangotti wrote:
I have also noted recently that the virtual on-off devices do not change state in the device section. They do control the Action Groups like they are supposed to, but because they are not changing state in the device section, the objects in the control pages do not change state.

viewtopic.php?p=202200#p202200

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:19 pm
Gangotti offline

Thanks Again, Jay!

If I ever get the chance to go back to Rodeo Houston and play with the "dirt star", We should try to connect and say Hi!

Page 1 of 1