Upgrade strangeness

Posted on
Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:25 pm
neilk offline

Upgrade strangeness

I had an issue when I upgraded to 7.5, it seemed to fail to move over all of the preferences (so couldn't find the Indigo database and plugin preferences). At the time I thought I had messed up and just retired everything. Just done my 2021.1 upgrade and the same thing happened.

Anyone else see this ?

Neil

Posted on
Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:26 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Upgrade strangeness

Is there anything unique/different about your /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation folder ? Indigo's installer looks for the previous version folder (so "Indigo 7.5" in this case) and migrates over the settings and database files to the new folder when it runs. Note it only does this migration if the new folder ("Indigo 2021.1" in this case) doesn't already exist to avoid stomping over changes if a user is re-running an installer for some reason. So it would be interesting if you were to rename the "Indigo 2021.1" folder to "Indigo 2021.1 - hidden" and then re-run the installer then check to see what files are in the newly created "Indigo 2021.1" folder.

Posted on
Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:33 am
neilk offline

Re: Upgrade strangeness

Thanks Matt, I may well try at the weekend, but all working right now and hopefully my weekend will also be a long overdue tidy up of my device naming and requirements to replace my slightly arcane naming I used with the old plugin that was on the "I will sort that with the new release"pile.

Not a huge drama, and at some point I will need to refresh that hardware and do a clean install.

Neil

Page 1 of 1