Indigo Server Stops After Automatic Mac OS X Software Update

Posted on
Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:34 pm
teejay6 offline

Indigo Server Stops After Automatic Mac OS X Software Update

I have recently encountered an issue with keeping the Indigo Server up and running. When my Mac performs an automatic OS X software update overnight, the Indigo server stops running and is not restarted until I log back in. I don’t think I changed any configurations, as I have never encountered this problem before. It is possible that, at some point, Apple defaulted my software configuration to automatic Mac OS X software updates.

The problem is that if I am traveling, a Mac OS X software update could be issued and installed automatically, thereby disabling my Indigo server while I am gone. I have UPS battery backup for short term power outages to keep the Indigo server up and running. But I don’t see an easy way to solve this new problem, other than to disable the Mac OS X automatic updates. I have included screenshots with the configurations on Indigo and my Mac.

Has anyone else configured a way around this? Thanks.
Attachments
Mac OS X Energy Saver Configuration 1.jpg
Mac OS X Energy Saver Configuration 1.jpg (147.89 KiB) Viewed 939 times
Mac OS X  Software Update Configuration.png
Mac OS X Software Update Configuration.png (409.33 KiB) Viewed 939 times
Indigo Start Local Server Configuration.png
Indigo Start Local Server Configuration.png (500.59 KiB) Viewed 939 times

Posted on
Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:44 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Indigo Server Stops After Automatic Mac OS X Software Up

You have to have your macOS user account under which you installed the Indigo Server automatically login on startup. That is, Indigo Server doesn't start until that account is logged in.

The problem with that is that newer versions of macOS (Big Sur for sure, not sure about earlier) don't allow automatic account logins if you have FileVault enabled. This is most unfortunate. I understand why that did that, but they really should have a "Yeah, I really do want to auto login" option IMO.

The only way I know to avoid the problem is to not do auto updates (so there is no reboot), or turn off FileVault and then enable auto login for that macOS user.

Posted on
Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:18 pm
teejay6 offline

Re: Indigo Server Stops After Automatic Mac OS X Software Up

Thanks, Matt. I will probably just turn off AutoUpdate.

Page 1 of 1