How to trigger on STATUS change of a plugin?

Posted on
Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:54 pm
grayner01 offline

How to trigger on STATUS change of a plugin?

I'm an Indigodomo power user, but I cannot figure out how to trigger and detect a change in device status.

Example 1: I have several EasyDAQ cards plugged in via USB. I want to be able to trigger and report via email when the device state of any of the EasyDaq interfaces changes to "connection error".
Example 2: I am using the Aeotec Z-Wave 5+ interface via USB. I want to be able to trigger and report via email when the interface is no longer responding or is in error.

I've tried accessing Device/Change of device state, but there is no option for connection status.

I've tried to use Multitools plugin, and Global Property Manager plugin but cannot get either to be helpful yet.

I see an option under triggering for Trigger on Interface connection failure, but I cannot specify which interface.

Please advise of options?

Gary

Posted on
Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:02 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: How to trigger on STATUS change of a plugin?

grayner01 wrote:
Example 1: I have several EasyDAQ cards plugged in via USB. I want to be able to trigger and report via email when the device state of any of the EasyDaq interfaces changes to "connection error".

The SQL Logger plugin also has a feature that allows you to trigger off of error events. Not sure if that will work for your situation but it probably will. Note that you can configure the SQL Logger it NOT store anything in it's DB (uncheck all the "Store *" checkboxes) and nothing will be stored in it's DB - it will still process error events correctly.

grayner01 wrote:
Example 2: I am using the Aeotec Z-Wave 5+ interface via USB. I want to be able to trigger and report via email when the interface is no longer responding or is in error.

Again, you can use the SQL Logger plugin's event here - I think this configuration will work for any Z-Wave interface:

grab17.png
grab17.png (137.15 KiB) Viewed 670 times

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1