Big Sur release on 10/12/20

Posted on
Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:15 pm
siclark offline

Re: Big Sur release on 10/12/20

All working here after upgrade. My Mac mini refused to restart so had to use the power button but all good after that.

Also the zigbee usb stick and all my zigbee lights and sensors also working well.

Everything seems to be responding faster now too!

I did update SecuritySpy but expected more with its HomeKit integration. As We can already trigger actions from indigo it doesn’t offer any new functionality.
I was hoping the cameras could be added direct from SS to simplify things a little as that’s the one weak spot in my HomeKit bridge setup.

Posted on
Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:17 am
boisy offline

I just moved my Indigo 7.4 setup with plug-ins, scripts, and all, over to a new Mac mini M1. This includes an Insteon PL2303 and a Z-Wave Z-stick. No issues with talking to either one. Everything just worked.

The system seems to be faster overall as well.

What are the plans for supporting the M1 natively? In any case, Rosetta 2 emulation appears to be working very well!

Posted on
Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:11 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

boisy wrote:
What are the plans for supporting the M1 natively? In any case, Rosetta 2 emulation appears to be working very well!

We definitely plan to do it, but aren't sure yet on the time frame. We have a very customized install of Xcode currently that allows us to build all the way back to macOS 10.7.5 (since so many of us run Indigo on older Macs) that makes building the M1 universal binary much more complicated.

Posted on
Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:14 am
boisy offline

I completely understand that (custom Xcode). It's a challenge to keep supporting older versions of macOS with the same code base and the same tools.

After a couple of hours of running on this Mac mini M1, I have to say that this is the bees' knees. I can only imagine how much better it will run with native Apple Silicon code!

Posted on
Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:05 pm
vtmikel offline

siclark wrote:
All working here after upgrade. My Mac mini refused to restart so had to use the power button but all good after that.

Also the zigbee usb stick and all my zigbee lights and sensors also working well.

Everything seems to be responding faster now too!

I did update SecuritySpy but expected more with its HomeKit integration. As We can already trigger actions from indigo it doesn’t offer any new functionality.
I was hoping the cameras could be added direct from SS to simplify things a little as that’s the one weak spot in my HomeKit bridge setup.

Off topic, but I Highly recommend setting up HomeBridge on a separate install for SS cameras versus using the Indigo plugin. The homebridge project has come a long way and the ffmpeg plugin as well. You can trigger motion events.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:39 pm
Ramias offline

vtmikel wrote:
siclark wrote:
Off topic, but I Highly recommend setting up HomeBridge on a separate install for SS cameras versus using the Indigo plugin. The homebridge project has come a long way and the ffmpeg plugin as well. You can trigger motion events.

Which homebridge plug-in do you use for security spy?

Posted on
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:19 pm
vtmikel offline

Ramias wrote:
vtmikel wrote:
siclark wrote:

FFmpeg. Happy to share my config.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:12 pm
Ramias offline

vtmikel wrote:
Ramias wrote:
vtmikel wrote:
siclark wrote:

FFmpeg. Happy to share my config.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

If you don’t mind, that would be appreciated.

I played with it a few months ago but got strange behavior with thumbnails vs live video on phone vs Home app on Mac. Using the homebridge camera ffmpeg plugin.

Posted on
Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:01 am
vtmikel offline