Indigo Server compatibility issue.

Posted on
Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:22 pm
Gman34798 offline

Indigo Server compatibility issue.

I am trying to go from Indigo 7.3 to 7.4. I downloaded 7.4 and installed it but when I boot it up I get the message (see second image attached).

The first image shows my current OS and hardware setup. I realize this iMac is rather old and will be replaced REALLY soon.
My question is, will 7.4 run on my current setup or not? I have never had any issue with upgrades in the past.

7.3 is functioning flawlessly.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-08-21 at 4.27.18 PM.png
My current machine status.
Screen Shot 2020-08-21 at 4.27.18 PM.png (101.38 KiB) Viewed 1609 times
Screen Shot 2020-08-21 at 4.26.30 PM.png
This is the error message I get when booting into Indigo 7.4
Screen Shot 2020-08-21 at 4.26.30 PM.png (136.82 KiB) Viewed 1609 times

Posted on
Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:48 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Re: Indigo Server compatibility issue.

I am pretty sure that error is not speaking towards the operating system version, but rather that the Indigo 7.4 client cannot attach to an existing 7.3 server that is running.

Adam

Posted on
Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:38 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Adam is correct – that error means you have a version of the Indigo Client connecting to a different version of the Indigo Server.

Posted on
Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:04 pm
Gman34798 offline

Thank you Adam and Matt for your prompt replies.

Question: How do I rectify this?
Is it as simple as stopping the server from within 7.3, then booting into 7.4 so that 7.4 is not trying to connect alongside 7.3?

OR is there a separate installer for Indigo Server I need to run? I downloaded 7.4 and ran the installer which, as usual, ran and installed flawlessly.

Many thanks for your help

Greg

Posted on
Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:23 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Yes, just stop the Indigo 7.3 Server then start it up from the Indigo 7.4 client. If you ran the complete installer then you should have 7.4 client and server installed.

This problem normally occurs if the user accidentally launches the older version, has it setup as a user login item, or has an AppleScript or something else that is starting up the Indigo Server after the installer runs. Note the installer attempts to shutdown everything before it runs to prevent the problem, but sometimes it still occurs.

Posted on
Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:26 am
Gman34798 offline

Thanks Matt,
It was as simple as shutting down the server and booting into 7.4.

Now a quick and hopefully easy one...
As mentioned in my original post, I will be replacing this iMac with a new one. I am considering an iMac Pro.
Are there any issues with Indigo running on a Pro versus a standard Mac?

Just want to inquire before making the leap...

Thanks again,
Greg

Posted on
Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:13 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

It should be fine on any new Mac.

Posted on
Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:56 pm
Gman34798 offline

Ok Matt, I am now on the new iMac Pro.
I'll be making the switch sometime next week and I have a few pre-emptive questions you, or anyone that has been thru this procedure, maybe can answer.

Moving the Perceptive Automation folder - no problem.
I also am pretty comfortable with de-activating the license, shutting down the server on the old iMac and all the like.

Question 1: Does moving the Perceptive Automation folder also move all my triggers, schedules, devices and settings?
Question 2: Once the folder is moved and Indigo is downloaded and installed, at what point is it appropriate to physically move and connect my
Z-Stick, and plug in the Insteon USB modem?
Question 2.1: Should these be physically moved and plugged in before booting up Indigo, such that Indigo picks them up from the settings, that are
hopefully in the Perceptive Automation folder that I moved previously.

Thank you all for your advice.

Greg

Posted on
Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:52 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Gman34798 wrote:
Question 1: Does moving the Perceptive Automation folder also move all my triggers, schedules, devices and settings?

Assuming your database file is in the default location, then yes. It's possible to save your Indigo DB anywhere, so if it's not in the PA folder then it won't get moved over. You can check the location by CMD-clicking on the db name in the Home Window title bar and it will show you the path to the DB file.

Gman34798 wrote:
Question 2: Once the folder is moved and Indigo is downloaded and installed, at what point is it appropriate to physically move and connect my Z-Stick, and plug in the Insteon USB modem?

Whenever. I'd do it before starting Indigo up on the new Mac. You may need to reselect the port for the Z-Stick if it uses the Apple modem driver (I can't recall if the new stick does or not).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1