Two Indigo Servers on the Same Network

Posted on
Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:18 pm
mclass offline

Two Indigo Servers on the Same Network

Hi!

We have recently subdivided our block and constructed a second dwelling. Each dwelling is completely separate and each is equipped with its own Fritzbox 7390 modem/router and Indigo server. Currently, each property has its own internet connection. In the interests of economy, it would be great if we could share a single internet connection.

There is no physical cabling between the properties, and I have been experimenting with two TP-Link CPE510 wireless devices. Whilst I have been able to share one internet connection, I have run into the dreaded "double NAT" issue when using Screen Connect (great for remote administration) and Indigo reflector. I have been investigating options, including exposed hosts (aka DMZ) and VLAN's, but have concluded that having a single network might have advantages in terms of sharing sensors (eg CCTV images, weather station) between the buildings.

To cut to the chase (and having searched the forums and the internet without success), would there be any issues having both Indigo servers on the same network? If so what might they be? Alternatively, are there any suggestions on successful internet sharing without double NAT issues?

TIA

mclass

Posted on
Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:02 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Two Indigo Servers on the Same Network

mclass wrote:
would there be any issues having both Indigo servers on the same network?

You shouldn't have any issues. Reflectors work discoverability for Indigo Touch works (as long as the DBs have different names), etc. I have 3-4 servers running on various environments (dev, tests, production) pretty much all the time and have no issues.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:08 am
DaveL17 offline

Re: Two Indigo Servers on the Same Network

+1

I run two Indigo servers on the same subnet also that share the same WAN connection and have no troubles. The only thing I can't test is remote connectivity to my development server (as that one doesn't have an activated reflector license).

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Page 1 of 1