Cant Find Database File

Posted on
Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:07 pm
jordanrounds offline

Cant Find Database File

The mac mini I run indigo on completely ran out of all resources and nothing was able to be stopped in a nice way. I rebooted and then launched indigo (7.3) again and it told me that it couldn't find the database. Looking around online I found its supposed to be in Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.3/Databases

The problem is this directory is empty. I looked through my Time Machine backups and the folder is also always empty. In the Databases (old) directory I can find my database from indigo 7.2, but nothing for 7.3 which I've had installed since August 2019. Is there something I'm missing here? Am I looking in the wrong place?

Posted on
Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:32 am
howartp offline

Re: Cant Find Database File

That’s certainly the default location (or Indigo 7.4 if you’ve installed that).

Try your Documents folder?

Use finder to search for .indigodb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:39 am
durosity offline

Does your time machine backup have anything for the 7.3 or 7.2 folders? I've been in this situation before and it's not pleasant. Fortunately I was able to find a corrupted DB and the devs were able to fix it, but that was a tense moment.

Going forwards I'd recommend you start using the backup plugin and setup a separate schedule to backup your indigo DB to an independent drive.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:16 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

howartp wrote:
Try your Documents folder?

There was a period of time where Apple changed the system calls we were using to get the Databases directory which returned the Documents folder of the user under which Indigo was installed, so it's possible that's where it is. So +1 on this comment.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1