indigo_history.sqlite file is really big

Posted on
Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:40 pm
Gangotti offline

indigo_history.sqlite file is really big

My server has started complaining that it is running out of hard disk space. I find this odd since I have not installed anything other than indigo and some plugins so I did some research and son of the plugins have log files that are in the 75-250mb range and there is one file, indigo_history.sqlite that is 4.67GB. IG this is normal, what size hard drive do you recommend I use to be able to handle all the info, if not what do I do to get space back on my server?

Posted on
Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:08 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: indigo_history.sqlite file is really big

That is pretty huge. Do you have a lot of Indigo devices and/or variables, and are you using plugins that might be updating device state or variable values frequently?

Lastly, what are you using the SQL Logger plugin for? There are different reasons folks use it, but if you don't need all the historical data then you can stop the plugin, delete the indigo_history.sqlite file and restart it (the plugin will automatically re-create a new database file on launch if it isn't found).

Posted on
Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:08 pm
siclark offline

How small is your HDD? My postgres dB is 5GB

Do you use your SQL dB?

Posted on
Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:58 pm
kw123 offline

for sqlite, even if you purge old entries(in indigo sqllogger menu) the file will not shrink. It is just big file

with psql you can purge entries older than .. and have vacuum switched on, that will keep it small
Psql has many files and if you eg delete an indigo device the files will disappear, not so w sqlite

Karl

Posted on
Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:36 pm
Gangotti offline

matt (support) wrote:
That is pretty huge. Do you have a lot of Indigo devices and/or variables, and are you using plugins that might be updating device state or variable values frequently?

Lastly, what are you using the SQL Logger plugin for? There are different reasons folks use it, but if you don't need all the historical data then you can stop the plugin, delete the indigo_history.sqlite file and restart it (the plugin will automatically re-create a new database file on launch if it isn't found).

I have 574 devices and probably 160 variables

I downloaded it a long time ago, but never used it, somehow it must have got turned on since it is normally disabled. can i just delete the file if I'm not using the sql plugin?

Posted on
Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:33 am
kw123 offline

In indigo plugin menu sqllogger disable it
Then delete the SQLite file

What did you download? SQLite comes w OS X

Karl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:08 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Gangotti wrote:
I downloaded it a long time ago, but never used it, somehow it must have got turned on since it is normally disabled. can i just delete the file if I'm not using the sql plugin?

As Karl suggested you can disable the SQL Logger plugin and safely delete the indigo_history.sqlite file (assuming you don't care about historical device state or variable value data). All of your Indigo device, triggers, schedules, etc., will work fine without it.

Page 1 of 1