Indigo server quitting instantly

Posted on
Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:27 am
howartp offline

Indigo server quitting instantly

Help....!

Over the last week or two, Indigo Server has been stopping dead at some point, usually overnight.

The client shows the little box "Start local server or connect to remote server" and the Indigo logs simply show the last thing the server was doing quite happily, before suddenly stopping.

The logs DON'T say anything like "... Application Quitting Indigo Server - received slow quit signal" or any of the other log lines that appear when you DO stop Indigo, they suddenly stop logging anything until the Indigo server is started again.

Is there any outside-of-Indigo logging in OSX? Most of you know I'm a windows IT Manager so I know all the things I'd be looking for on Windows, but haven't a clue on Mac!

To answer the inevitable question, the "last thing Indigo was doing", which is often cited as the first place to look, was "not much". Nothing common between the days logs when it stopped.

Yesterday morning when fighting an error with App Store (iMovie... can't upgrade ... I know I can't!) I managed to kill OSX and had to hard-boot it. When it came back up, I had a message that Finder had failed/crashed, and I lost the menu taskbar with the Apple logo and clock etc on. I'm happy that all this was because I was messing under the hood, or trying, as I would on Windows, so please don't presume this is related to Indigo's problem. However starting up Indigo did take two attempts from this point, it stopped 2 minutes after starting up (10.25 - 10.27, then 10.31 when I started it again. I thought I'd not clicked the start button, but the logs beg to differ.

Partly as a move towards speeding up the Mac Mini 2012, and partly as a backup pre-upgrading to Catalina, I cloned the internal SATA drive to a brand new SSD, then booted to that (connected externally by USB at the moment as I don't have a Torx screwdriver!). Overnight I've been running on the SSD copy. And Indigo stopped again at 3.16am

OSX continues running, I can remote into it via Splashtop from my PC, the client is just sat patiently waiting for me to start the server up.

Thoughts?

Posted on
Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:20 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Indigo server quitting instantly

Check the following folders to see if there are any Indigo Server related crash log files saved:

Code: Select all
  /Library/Logs/CrashReporter/
  /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/
  ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/
  ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/

If you find any that correspond with the crashes you saw email them to us.

Posted on
Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:35 am
howartp offline

Re: Indigo server quitting instantly

Thanks Matt.

Four logs on their way by email, which correspond exactly to the Indigo quits.

Peter

Page 1 of 1