Ssh to restart Indigo Server? Time Sensitive!

Posted on
Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:15 am
mundmc offline

Ssh to restart Indigo Server? Time Sensitive!

Indigo’s 8176 server isn’t running, but I am getting pushovers from Indigo, so i know Indigo Server is running.

Restarting Indigo Server usually fixes this, but my e-mail Trigger-to-Applescript kludge is failing.

Is there python command to restart the server? I can ssh in to the hosting mac. Something like:

“/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.3/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/MacOS/IndigoPluginHost” -e indigo.SOMETHING-HERE

Many thanks- need to get my control pages up for the baby cam!

Posted on
Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:42 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Ssh to restart Indigo Server? Time Sensitive!

(ignore the previous post - brain fart)

It's the Indigo Web Server that's not running. While it's possible to restart that, if you're running the latest Indigo you can:

• /usr/local/indigo/indigo-stop
  • /usr/local/indigo/indigo-start

The first stops the server, the second starts it back up.

Probably need to do some investigation about why IWS keeps dying/failing. But I'll leave that for when you're ready to do that troubleshooting.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:53 am
mundmc offline

Re: Ssh to restart Indigo Server? Time Sensitive!

It worked, this is huge! Thank you! The problem is almost definitely a collection of my scripts that rotate url’s for the dynamic url plugin.

Just brought hope a decommissioned Optiplex 9010 and loaded up Blue Iris- nothing i write will be touching my cams for the time being.

PS- Blue Iris is really, really dope. I think Security Spy is solid, but for >8 cameras and features, it’s no contest.

Page 1 of 1