Replacing keypadlinc won't finish syncing

Posted on
Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:47 pm
floodland offline

Replacing keypadlinc won't finish syncing

I have an odd issue. I am replacing an old keypadlinc and while the log says everything went fine, I get a pop-up from Indigo saying it failed and the Insteon address is not updated. If I try to just add it as a new device, it shows all of the links and still fails to add. I am very confused.

PowerLinc Linking - copying all links from old address to new address
PowerLinc Linking - sending id request for device information
PowerLinc Linking - received id request response from 15.9C.29
PowerLinc Linking - initializing remote device "Switchlink At Bottom Of Stairs" (address 15.9C.29, firmware version 36)
PowerLinc Linking - . . . read: default on brightness 100, ramp rate 0.5 seconds
PowerLinc Linking - initialize complete
PowerLinc Linking - syncing remote device "Switchlink At Bottom Of Stairs" (address 15.9C.29, firmware version 36)
PowerLinc Linking - syncing all links
PowerLinc Linking - . . . read: INSTEON dev link to responder 07.F6.75, flags E2, group 01, data FE 1C 01
PowerLinc Linking - . . . read: INSTEON dev link to responder 07.F6.75, flags E2, group 02, data FE 1F 02
PowerLinc Linking - . . . read: INSTEON dev link to responder 07.F6.75, flags E2, group 03, data FE 1F 03
PowerLinc Linking - . . . read: INSTEON dev link to responder 07.F6.75, flags E2, group 04, data FE 1F 04
PowerLinc Linking - . . . read: INSTEON dev link to responder 07.F6.75, flags E2, group 05, data FE 1F 05
PowerLinc Linking - . . . read: INSTEON dev link to responder 07.F6.75, flags E2, group 06, data FE 1F 06
PowerLinc Linking - . . . read: INSTEON dev link to responder 07.F6.75, flags E2, group 07, data FE 1F 07
PowerLinc Linking - . . . read: INSTEON dev link to responder 07.F6.75, flags E2, group 08, data FE 1F 08
PowerLinc Linking - . . . read: INSTEON dev link to responder 0A.AA.00, flags E2, group 04, data FE 1F 04
PowerLinc Linking - . . . read: INSTEON dev link to responder 04.70.83, flags E2, group 02, data FE 1F 02
PowerLinc Linking - . . . read: INSTEON dev link to responder 03.B6.B5, flags E2, group 03, data FE 1F 03
PowerLinc Linking - . . . read: INSTEON dev link to responder 0E.0A.EF, flags E2, group 01, data FE 1F 01
PowerLinc Linking - . . . read: INSTEON dev link to controller 0E.0A.EF, flags A2, group 02, data 80 1B 01
PowerLinc Linking - . . found: PowerLinc responder for group 1
PowerLinc Linking - . . found: PowerLinc responder for group 2
PowerLinc Linking - . . found: PowerLinc responder for group 3
PowerLinc Linking - . . found: PowerLinc responder for group 4
PowerLinc Linking - . . found: PowerLinc responder for group 5
PowerLinc Linking - . . found: PowerLinc responder for group 6
PowerLinc Linking - . . found: PowerLinc responder for group 7
PowerLinc Linking - . . found: PowerLinc responder for group 8
PowerLinc Linking - comparing local and remote links
PowerLinc Linking - . . match: remote link is identical to persistent link 0A.AA.00, flags E2, group 04
PowerLinc Linking - . . match: remote link is identical to persistent link 04.70.83, flags E2, group 02
PowerLinc Linking - . . match: remote link is identical to persistent link 03.B6.B5, flags E2, group 03
PowerLinc Linking - . . match: remote link is identical to persistent link 0E.0A.EF, flags E2, group 01
PowerLinc Linking - . . match: remote link is identical to persistent link 0E.0A.EF, flags A2, group 02
PowerLinc Linking - compare complete
PowerLinc Linking - sync complete
PowerLinc Linking - device 15.9C.29 links updated
Attachments
Indigo Not Linking.jpg
Indigo Not Linking.jpg (141.39 KiB) Viewed 929 times

Posted on
Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:11 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Replacing keypadlinc won't finish syncing

That is a strange place for it to fail during the sync.

Stop the Indigo Server (Indigo->Stop Server menu item), then restart it and try the sync again. Perhaps it was in a bad state.

Also, which PowerLinc model do you have?

Posted on
Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:46 pm
floodland offline

Hi Matt,

It's a 2414U

I tried rebooting the computer, resetting the switch, etc. This is the first failed module I've had in a long time, so I don't have a lot of experience using this part of Indigo.

This is Indigo 4, I am starting to add modules that are not supported so I need to upgrade, but before I did that I was trying to get the system working again. Even though it says the buttons are synced, they are not, at least they don't do anything when I press them, so I am not sure it's actually updating the links. Should I just upgrade and see?

Posted on
Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:04 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Definitely get the Indigo 7 trial and see if that works (I suspect it will). Note you can install Indigo 7 and it won't delete/uninstall your Indigo 4. You can stop the Indigo 7 server and restart the Indigo 4 server to revert back if you need to.

Posted on
Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:13 pm
floodland offline

Ok. Let me figure some things out. I tried to install 7 but it requires MacOS 10.7 which does not run on my home automation mac (MacBookPro 1.1 2006 10.6.8) so I am very long in the tooth and need to upgrade the hardware first. The system has happily run for a long time without issues.

I did notice that a second kpl has died, and while the logs don't show it, it was linked to the one I am trying to replace and therefore may have stopped the linking from working. My only spare is too new for Indigo 4 (2487S) :) so I am in-between a few rocks.

Thank you as always for the fantastic support!

Page 1 of 1