possible mistake in documentation

Posted on
Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:12 pm
norcoscia offline

possible mistake in documentation

Just in case you guys missed it when you updated the docs - the info below does not seem to be accurate. I did not move my database to the docs folder but that is where it was - at least I don't remember moving it. Just FYI....

https://wiki.indigodomo.com/doku.php?id ... nother_mac
Attachments
2019-03-31_14-08-17.jpeg
2019-03-31_14-08-17.jpeg (74.67 KiB) Viewed 914 times

_______
Norm

Posted on
Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:59 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: possible mistake in documentation

What version of Indigo did you start with? IIRC, older versions kept the database file in ~/Documents, while later versions defaulted to the Application Support directory.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:59 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Really old versions of Indigo might have defaulted it elsewhere, but now it defaults in the Databases folder inside the /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo X/.

Posted on
Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:22 pm
norcoscia offline

That is weird my original database was in a dir labeled "databases old" (this was last updated on sept of 18 when I updated to 7.2) and the directory labeled databases was empty. No problems just wanted to mention it in case anyone else looks in the indigo dir and does not find their current database.

Overall the whole process was easy - copied the entire indigo dir (in applications support) over to the new machine. Revoked my old machines license - installed ver 7.2 on the new machine and passed it my license. The only issue was finding the database. Once I pointed Indigo to it everything but a few plug-in setting was good to go.

_______
Norm

Page 1 of 1