Server Error

Posted on
Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:48 pm
CraigM offline

Server Error

Has anyone ever seen this error before? Not one I have ever seen.

For no particular reason my iOS devices and remote Indigo client failed to communicate with the server.

Minor problem if at home to restart the server, big problem if away.

2012 Mac Mini
Mojave 10.14.2
Indigo 7.2
iOS 12.1.4

Server Error.PNG
Server Error.PNG (139.88 KiB) Viewed 982 times

Posted on
Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:15 pm
Dual offline

Re: Server Error

Why is it a big problem if you’re away? Lots of options. Go in through your router and take remote control of the Mac (my ASUS router has a built in VPN service and DDNS) and restart the Indigo Server. Or put the Mac on a Wi-Fi (non-Indigo) plug in and cycle the power with the Mac set to auto restart after power failure. I know that doesn’t solve your current issue. However, I think it is always good to have options that you can use when you are indeed away as long as you are not on a boat in the middle of the ocean without Internet access.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:51 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Did the problem resolve itself without an Indigo Server restart (it might have just been a connectivity glitch), or did it require an Indigo restart?

Posted on
Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:11 pm
CraigM offline

matt (support) wrote:
Did the problem resolve itself without an Indigo Server restart (it might have just been a connectivity glitch), or did it require an Indigo restart?

I gave it an hour to resolve itself, and it did NOT. Had to restart Indigo Server.

Page 1 of 1