Continual "status request failed" errors

Posted on
Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:25 pm
chrisfromthelc offline

Continual "status request failed" errors

I have a device that every few minutes (it varies from 2 or 3 minutes to up to 20 minutes), posts a "status request failed" in the log;

Code: Select all
Aug 31, 2018 at 6:19:20 PM
   Z-Wave Error                    send "Back Porch String Lights" status request failed
   Z-Wave                          received "Back Porch String Lights" status update is on

The device works absolutely fine, and as you can see, it receives back the status request. It's also the correct status.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Posted on
Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:14 pm
MarcoGT offline

Re: Continual "status request failed" errors

chrisfromthelc wrote:
I have a device that every few minutes (it varies from 2 or 3 minutes to up to 20 minutes), posts a "status request failed" in the log;

Z-Wave Error                    send "Back Porch String Lights" status request failed
   Z-Wave                          received "Back Porch String Lights" status update is on

The device works absolutely fine, and as you can see, it receives back the status request. It's also the correct status.

I am having the same problem since 7.1 (or 7.1.1, do not remember exactly)

Posted on
Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:18 pm
chrisfromthelc offline

Re: Continual

MarcoGT wrote:
chrisfromthelc wrote:

I am having the same problem since 7.1 (or 7.1.1, do not remember exactly)

Now that you mention it, it seems like it might've started with a recent update.

Posted on
Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:30 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Continual "status request failed" errors

Can you turn on Indigo's debug logging checkbox (via the Interfaces->Z-Wave->Configure... menu item) and capture the problem happening, then copy/paste the results into a reply for me? I'd like to see what is occurring at a lower level.

Page 1 of 1