Server 7.1.1 freeze

Posted on
Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:28 am
Umtauscher offline

Server 7.1.1 freeze

Hi guys,

since I upgraded to Indigo 7.1.1 a few weeks ago, I had in total 3 complete sever freezes (Indigo server that means)
In that state the controlpages do not respond any more and when I connect to my server via remote desktop the indigo app doesn't respond either to any menues or click.
I had to reboot the machine to get it working again.
A neighbour of mine, whom I recomeded indigo to was also experieencing a server freeze since installing 7.1.1

I would like to know, if anyone else is experiencing this and if so, how I could debug the problem or get log to post here to get that fixed.

My Indigo Installation was rock solid for years until I updated to 7.1.1
I havent changed anything on the server Machine - it is still running the good old Mavericks including the server app. (never change a running system)

Thanks in advance for your input.

Wilhelm

Posted on
Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:48 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Server 7.1.1 freeze

What exactly do you mean by "freeze" (please be as specific as to the symptoms as possible)? Given that the server is a background process, to characterize it as "frozen" has less obvious meaning and symptoms since there's no associated UI.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:08 am
Umtauscher offline

Unfortunately I can only describe it from memory as it happens this always happened in the worst of times so I had no time to try to analyze it properly.

The first thing I experienced was the fact that the control pages didn't react any more. (kiosk app) So I connected to the (headless) mac mini server and realized that the device list was also stuck.
Trying the menue to stop and start the server didn't react also.
So what I can tell the frontend was frozen, but the process list didn't show any or low cpu load.
Restarting the frontend alone didn't help either.
After a few minutes, I restarted the mac to get it back to normal.

Thats all I recollect for now. What should I do, if it happens again.
Thanks
Wilhelm

Posted on
Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:30 pm
kw123 offline

You can try to run the indigo utilities cpu tracking
That gives you snapshots every 100 secs of all plugins and indigo server and indigo client.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:49 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Look at the log file for that day and see if there are any errors and any large gaps in timestamps indicating that the server wasn't doing anything. If there were errors, show them and what was happening just before the errors. If there were gaps, show what was happening just before any gaps.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1