Using the Indigo server without an internet connection

Posted on
Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:08 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Using the Indigo server without an internet connection

Our subscription model allows the user to continue to run their current version of Indigo even if their subscription expires or is canceled, so the only time that Internet connectivity is required is when/if you are installing a new version of Indigo (and then when it first launches). Indigo will still periodically try to query our server for subscription and version update information, but if that fails for any reason (no internet connectivity, our servers are down, etc.) then Indigo Server will continue to run without any problems. We intentionally designed in that way for Indigo installs that may not have always-on internet access, although I was thinking more along the lines of a cabin in the woods and not a boat at sea. :)

Posted on
Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:27 am
roussell offline

Re: Using the Indigo server without an internet connection

stevenu wrote:
Though, in your resent informative email, version 7.1 up seems to be closer tied to internet access. What about off grid / remote applications? The reason I ask, before I upgrade, I have Indigo installed on a large sailboat managing lights, sensors and onboard power systems. Batteries, generators, solar panels, etc. Sometimes the boat goes months with out reliable or any internet connectivity. Lots of power fluctuations, up and downs. Present server is i7 MacBook Air because of it’s “built-In UPS” which also monitors and relays navigation systems. Version 6 is a great product, simple, stable and reliable. I believe in subscriptions, it creates the funds for you to create a better product.

I have already purchase 7.2 for testing for another problem, which will lead to another post, but still have not updated the yacht's system.

Off topic but I’m sure everyone would LOVE to learn more about your setup! It sounds fantastic! Post? Blog? YouTube?

Terry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk