Indigo suddenly switched to the sample house data?

Posted on
Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:50 pm
sparker offline

Indigo suddenly switched to the sample house data?

I was working tonight on a website, and noticed that a couple lights in the house were still burning bright (100%) instead of turning down to 30% or so like they usually do at 9pm.

I started up TeamViewer to connect to the headless MacMini that runs my house, and noticed that somehow my Indigo client was running the "sample house" all of a sudden. I stopped it, and stopped the server, then restarted it, and now all my Insteon devices are showing up in red. They seem to work fine, but they're red... I don't see anything jumping out at me in the logs.

What does the red text indicate?

Thanks!

Steve

--
Steve Parker
X10 user from the early 80's
Fully converted to Insteon in 2013 (looking to migrate away now)
Proud Indigo owner since the beginning... :)

Posted on
Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:10 am
howartp offline

Re: Indigo suddenly switched to the sample house data?

Matt mentioned on another thread a bug with that text being red (which means Indigo can’t see the Insteon Controller) but I’m sure that was only in the Indigo client on a second Mac (ie not the client on the Indigo Mac).

Have you restarted your Mac?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:10 am
sparker offline

Re: Indigo suddenly switched to the sample house data?

howartp said:
Matt mentioned on another thread a bug with that text being red (which means Indigo can’t see the Insteon Controller) but I’m sure that was only in the Indigo client on a second Mac (ie not the client on the Indigo Mac).

First off: Thanks for the tip. You sent me down a path I should have traveled before I posted. Regardless, the problem is fixed. Read on for details

Great idea on the rebooting the Mac instead of just restarting Indigo. Don't know why I didn't think of that. But it didn't help. Still had the same problem. All INSTEON devices were still red. Any triggers associated with INSTEON devices are red too.

So... I took the additional step of shutting down everything again, unplugging the 2412U interface, then starting it all back up, but After the restart, nothing's working just like before..

But fiddling with the 2412U got me thinking I needed to compare Indigo log files from a previous reboot of the Mac back in March, and caught that I no longer see the following in the startup.
Code: Select all
2018-03-28 17:29:44.919   Application   Connected to PowerLinc 2412U interface on port usbserial-A6004soV
2018-03-28 17:29:44.919   Application   PowerLinc address <REDACTED>, firmware version 8.5

So it's looked like a random hardware failure. But then, going into Indigo Prefs, I noticed that it was turned off somehow. So I turned it on, and magically, everything's working again!

Steve

PS: I still have no idea how/why the sample-home file became enabled out of the blue like that, but when I went to look and saw a hot-tub in the list, it really surprised me...

--
Steve Parker
X10 user from the early 80's
Fully converted to Insteon in 2013 (looking to migrate away now)
Proud Indigo owner since the beginning... :)

Page 1 of 1