Webserver looking for deleted device

Posted on
Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:43 pm
midd offline

Webserver looking for deleted device

I recently replaced my Venstar T1800 with an Ecobee3. Before I deleted the Venstar, I switched all of my Thermostat triggers, action groups and schedules from the Venstar (called "Thermostat" in Indigo) to my Ecobee3.

However in my log, I get the following:

Code: Select all
Jan 4, 2018 8:27:35 PM
   WebServer                       could not find device "Thermostat"

Is there a way to delete from the web server?

Indigo 7, Monterey (12.1) on a 2009 Mac Pro..

Posted on
Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:59 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: Webserver looking for deleted device

Without knowing the whole story behind the switch or your home automation setup, it looks like to me that it is not that Indigo is holding on to a deleted device reference (because if you delete the device it's going to delete the dependencies too) but rather an outside routine is trying to call on that device via the RESTful API's. I'm guessing you have something that is calling "Thermostat" as a device name from the API and if you were to rename your current thermostat to be "Thermostat" you wouldn't get that message anymore because now the API can find it. If you do rename it and the problem goes away then you just need to figure out what is using the API by the wrong name and modify it.

What is your new thermostat named? What happens if you rename it to "Thermostat" (don't worry, your dependencies won't complain about a name change).

For example:

http://192.168.1.1:8176/devices/Thermostat?isOn=0&_method=put

needs to become

http://192.168.1.1:8176/devices/Ecobee%20Upstairs?isOn=0&_method=put

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:32 am
midd offline

The ecobee is simply called Ecobee3. And you are correct about the dependencies. I wanted to see how many Indigo actions were tied to "Thermostat" so I chose to delete it just to see how many warnings would appear. I switched them all from "Thermostat" to "Ecobee3".

I think I found it under the Home app for HomeKit. I have it configured for Homebridge. When I pressed on the icon for Default Room Thermostat, I'm getting the same messages in my log.
Last edited by midd on Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:36 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

midd wrote:
I think I found it under the Home app for HomeKit.

Entirely possible. Are you using HB-Indigo or Homebridge Buddy? If you are using any version of Homebridge then you would need to save and reload Homebridge so that it could query the Indigo server for names again. Alternatively you could us Homebridge Buddy (regardless of which Homebridge implementation you use) and create an alias for your thermostat so you have both names controlling the same thermostat.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:40 am
midd offline

To be honest, I can't remember. I know the issues with Homebridgebuddy. The plugin is enabled so I'm assuming I deleted the original home bridge configuration from Indigo and just ran HBB.

Posted on
Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:47 am
midd offline

It must be HBB I'm using. I restarted my server and created the alias like you recommended. I'll see how that works.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 1