Mavericks Compatibility

Posted on
Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:02 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Mavericks Compatibility

We've completed testing with Mavericks and Indigo 6 seems to be fine. If you find any issues please report them on this thread.

All plugins have now been tested as well. Here are some things that we noticed that should help:

• 10/23/2013 - Airfoil doesn't yet support Instant On (the ability to switch between apps without restarting) doesn’t currently work with Airfoil so if you use that feature you might want to wait until they have a revision out that does support it.
  • 10/23/2013 - Growl has yet to be updated with Mavericks support so we can't really test until it's updated.
  • 10/23/2013 - We noticed when we re-paired our first iTunes server device (which will probably have to be done) that we got a network timeout. Redoing the pairing worked the second time so it may have just been a transient issue.
  • 10/23/2013 - We tested against WeatherSnoop 2.x and it worked fine. The WeatherSnoop 3 download from Tee-Boy's website appears to be corrupt. Once we can get a working version of WeatherSnoop 3 we'll test it as well though we don't have any reason to believe it won't work.

So unless otherwise specified all plugins appear to be working normally. If you find something post it here.

Updates:

• Indigo 5 seems fine as well - again, report any issues you find here.
• Indigo 4 and previous are not supported on Mavericks.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:48 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Mavericks Compatibility

Some interesting news: the FTDI driver ships as part of Apple's USB driver package in Mavericks now so you don't need to install it separately if you're using an FTDI-based device (PowerLincs, RFXtrx433, W800USB, some serial to usb adaptors, etc.). This is great news. I don't know what'll happen if you install the FTDI driver downloaded from their website (the drivers are in two different locations) so I'd highly recommend NOT installing them unless we find a reason to.

Unfortunately, the SILabs drivers, used by the Z-Stick among other things, are not included so you'll still need to install those separately.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:51 am
Dewster35 offline

Have all the Indigo Plugins that come with the installation been checked as well or has only the basic functionality of indigo itself been reviewed?

Posted on
Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:00 pm
autolog offline

App Nap?

I have installed Mavericks on my Mac mini and Indigo seems to be running fine :)
I was looking at the Energy tab in the Activity Monitor and I noticed that Indigo 6 has a "Yes" in the App Nap column.
I have temporarily ticked the "Prevent App Nap" box (accessed by doing a "Get Info" on Indigo 6 in the Application folder) pending any feedback. :)

Not sure if it is a good idea to let Indigo 6 "nap" while real-time events are coming in - any thoughts :?:
Last edited by autolog on Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:33 pm
jamus offline

Re: Mavericks Compatibility with Growl

Is anybody else having a problem with Growl? Since I don't use Growl with anything besides Indigo, I can't tell if it's an Indigo issue, Growl issue, or something I did...

Posted on
Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:17 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: App Nap?

I don't believe App Nap is going to be a problem really. It don't believe updates are going to be missed that come in from the server - rather, if the OS determines that the client doesn't need them critically it may schedule other tasks before it. I think it's something we'll need to keep any eye on but if the OS is doing what it's supposed to be doing nobody should notice any difference.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:10 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Mavericks Compatibility with Growl

jamus wrote:
Is anybody else having a problem with Growl? Since I don't use Growl with anything besides Indigo, I can't tell if it's an Indigo issue, Growl issue, or something I did...

Growl hasn't been updated to support Mavericks yet.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:20 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Top post has been updated with more information.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:06 am
wbresee offline

I just lost the main control off the left side of the screen. I have enclosed a screen shot. I have no idea how to restore it.

Posted on
Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:19 am
sgbirch offline

wbresee wrote:
I have enclosed a screen shot

Where is the screen shot? I don't see it?

Posted on
Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:31 am
autolog offline

Reverting to Mountain Lion

I am reluctantly reverting my Mac mini [2009] (which runs Indigo) back to Mountain Lion. :(

I have had too many strange lock outs with Finder and various other programs. I have now decided that I am wasting too much time, restarting and repairing the system. Googling for Finder not responding reveals a number of other Mavericks users experiencing the same thing.
The non-responding isn't exclusive to Finder - I have seen it in Firefox as well. Once it happens, a cascade occurs and other programs start to non-respond.

btw, I don't think the issues are anything to do with Indigo.

I will wait for a few point releases before I try again. Our Macbook Airs [2012] have been working OK on Mavericks, so having to do this is a bit disappointing.

So it is Time Machine to the rescue :wink:

EDIT: Mountain Lion restored (took 3 hours) - Now up and running with Indigo 6.04 and the heating is working again! :)
Last edited by autolog on Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:14 pm
jalves offline

Updated both my client and server computers (both MBP's) to Indigo 6.0.4 and OSX 10.9. No problems with the transition at all.

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:42 pm
wbresee offline

Screen shot of lost control. Sorry last one didn't upload, too big.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-10-25 at 12.05.06 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2013-10-25 at 12.05.06 PM.jpg (443.91 KiB) Viewed 16496 times

Posted on
Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:56 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Try the following individually to see which one fixes the problem:

1) Quit the Indigo client and relaunch it.

2) Restart the Mac.

3) Quit the Indigo client, then delete this file and relaunch:

~(your user folder)/Library/Preferences/com.perceptiveautomation.indigo-client6.plist

Please let us know which (if any) of the above get it restored.

Posted on
Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:22 am
bbruck offline

I seem to be missing the controls at the bottom of the window that allow me to turn devices on and off, check their status, etc.
Attachments
2013-10-26_06-20-02.jpg
2013-10-26_06-20-02.jpg (192.05 KiB) Viewed 16400 times