Mavericks Compatibility

Posted on
Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:57 pm
GRWilde offline

Re: Mavericks Compatibility

I am continuing to have problems with external AppleScripts. I can usually get them working again by restarting the Indigo Server, but after a while the again cease to work with an indication that the application isn't running. I have several external AppleScripts that used to work fine but now no longer work. I am running Indigo Server on a Mac Mini running Mavericks Server. Any Ideas??

George Wilde

Posted on
Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:12 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Hopefully 10.9.1 will solve some if not all of these issues...

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:03 pm
kw123 offline

tried 10.9.1 no change

but starting it twice with "open /Applications/indigo 6.app" *) works so far 100%

Karl

with the proper quotes ...

Posted on
Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:14 am
GRWilde offline

The external AppleScript problems continue with 10.9.1. I can't even get them to work by restarting the Indigo Server.

George Wilde

Posted on
Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:02 am
kw123 offline

how do you restart the server?

here how mine works:

1. start indigo at login
2. go into indigo and manually stop the server, NOT the app
3. restart the server in indigo

It looks as if the server needs to be started from an interactive session.

Karl

Posted on
Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:50 pm
GRWilde offline

I have restarted the Indigo Server several times from within the Indigo App, but the external AppleScripts still do not reliably work (only once in a while following restart, and never since 10.9.1). Somehow Mavericks does not seem to think that the Server is running.

George Wilde

Posted on
Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:33 pm
kw123 offline

do you get a pop up with something like "application not running " ? or what specifically is the error message / problem?

Posted on
Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:40 pm
kw123 offline

you also might want to check the console messages. I had something like:

AppleEvents/sandbox: Returning errAEPrivilegeError/-10004 and denying dispatch of event syso/nfo4 from process 'fingscan'/0x0-0x1803802, pid=67861, because it is not entitled to send an AppleEvent to this process.

that was fixed by going to unix commands ( apple read, finder file size file date ... to unix cat, ls ..). Now the messages are gone and everything SEEMS to work.

Posted on
Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:48 pm
GRWilde offline

There is no notification within the Indigo App log that the external AppleScript did not run - just no log entries on the script's actions which would normally appear. When the AppleScript is run from the AppleScript Editor there is an error message that the application is not running. In other words the AppleScript is doing nothing.

George Wilde

Posted on
Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:19 pm
GRWilde offline

I did check the Console and I am getting a lot of sandbox errors such as:

12/17/13 2:16:25.487 PM collabpp[80117]: Process unable to create connection because the sandbox denied the right to lookup com.apple.coreservices.launchservicesd and so this process cannot talk to launchservicesd.
12/17/13 2:16:25.000 PM kernel[0]: Sandbox: collabpp(80117) deny mach-lookup com.apple.coreservices.launchservicesd

I have checked permissions with Disk Utility and everything seems to be OK.

George Wilde

Posted on
Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:29 pm
kw123 offline

are you using applescript read / write /tell system events/tell finder..?

they have problems if used when in background mode

if not the launched issue should go to jay and matt

regarding starting indigo: how specifically do you start / stop /start indigo and indigo server?

Posted on
Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:02 pm
GRWilde offline

As far as stopping and starting the Indigo Server from within the Indigo App I am just using the Stop Server and Start Local Server menu items in the Indigo App. The Indigo App and several plugins I am using all seem to be working correctly. The background AppleScripts in general are using the statements:
tell application "IndigoServer" or tell application "System Events" usually with a timeout.

George Wilde

Posted on
Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:26 pm
kw123 offline

could you comment out the tell system events and see if there is a change?

Posted on
Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:46 pm
GRWilde offline

I have spent some time over the last few days trying to identify my problems with background AppleScripts not working with Indigi Server on Mavericks. I did revise several AppleScripts and eliminated a few where I could do the equivalent functions using plugins. Restarting my Mac Mini Server after making these changes resulted in all of my AppleScripts now working properly - why I do not know. Previously I only had Indigo Server running continually on my Mac Min. Now I am leaving the Indigo App also running, which seems to result in more reliable execution of the AppleScripts. Previously, when I ran the AppleScripts from the AppleScript Editor they refused to run because the Editor said that Indigo Server was not running, even though the Activitu Monitor clearly said it was. There are obviously some problems with AppleScripts running on Mavericks (I have seen a number of posts reporting problems associated with other applications). I am interested in hearing what solutions others may have come up with. In the meantime I will keep my fingers crossed to see if I can reliably keep the background AppleScripts running properly.

George Wilde

Posted on
Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:55 pm
Dewster35 offline

Trying a new script today calling indigoserver.

Getting this error:

error "IndigoServer got an error: Application isn’t running." number -600

I've tried reinstalling. I've also tried stopping and starting the server. I've read through all the pages of the thread, but are there any other troubleshooting steps I can try to take?