Mavericks Compatibility

Posted on
Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:08 am
autolog offline

Re: Reverting to Mountain Lion

autolog wrote:
I am reluctantly reverting my Mac mini [2009] (which runs Indigo) back to Mountain Lion. ...

Just a quick update on this. I decided to take a different approach.

I have replaced the HD with a 256Gb Samsung 840 Pro SSD and done a clean install of Mavericks from a USB stick.

The system is a lot faster and so far no problems encountered. I suspect the clean install solved the problem I was having because I was able to get rid of a lot of software that wasn't needed. So the system is now just running Indigo and a few bits of software (e.g. Sublime Text 3) to support my plugin development.

So hopefully I can stay on Mavericks now :)

Posted on
Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:15 am
nsheldon offline

Re: Mavericks Compatibility

AndrewGWalsh wrote:
I've just upgraded to Mavericks on my Mac Mini and my Applescripts have ceased being able to 'tell application "IndigoServer"' - if I try to execute them it says "IndigoServer got an error: Application isn't running"

Has anyone else had this problem?

Andrew

Yes. I'm seeing this problem. I haven't figured out what's causing it or how to fix it yet but it is a pretty big issue for me at the moment as I have a number of tasks that use external AppleScripts to tell Indigo to do things. Your other post indicated that SecuritySpy was the issue. I don't have SecuritySpy on my system. I do have iTunes 11.1.3, but even with it not running I receive this error. I also tried checking the "Prevent App Nap" option in the Get Info window for IndigoServer. I ran a permissions repair in Disk Utility twice as well. None of it had any effect. Anyone have any ideas on this?

Posted on
Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:47 am
nsheldon offline

FIXED

I fixed this by re-running the Indigo 6.0.4 installer and overwriting the existing 6.0.4 installation (on the Mac mini server in which the IndigoServer is installed). This didn't erase any custom plugins or scripts or anything. It just re-installed the IndigoServer and plugin-host stuff.

Posted on
Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:53 am
Dewster35 offline

I think I'll be waiting around for 10.9.1 or 10.9.2 ;)

Posted on
Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:46 am
nsheldon offline

In general, I think that's always a good practice with any initial OS release. I just like being as close to the cutting edge without blessing too much. ;-)

Posted on
Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:49 am
Dewster35 offline

nsheldon wrote:
In general, I think that's always a good practice with any initial OS release. I just like being as close to the cutting edge without blessing too much. ;-)

Normally I am right on that cutting edge myself, however, after getting cut several times over the years, I finally exercised some restraint

Posted on
Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:00 am
nsheldon offline

I just installed the Indigo 6.0.5 update and the AppleScript interpreter is in a bad state again (getting the "IndigoServer got an error: Application isn’t running." error when executing any AppleScript inside or outside of Indigo). Running the installer a second time (as before) fixed the problem.

Posted on
Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:12 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

nsheldon wrote:
I just installed the Indigo 6.0.5 update and the AppleScript interpreter is in a bad state again (getting the "IndigoServer got an error: Application isn’t running." error when executing any AppleScript inside or outside of Indigo). Running the installer a second time (as before) fixed the problem.

Good info -- sounds like running the installer twice convinces Mac OS to let AppleScript to run.

Posted on
Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:17 am
nsheldon offline

Yea. Odd. I'm running Mac OS X 10.9 with Server 3.0.1 installed on a late 2012 Mac mini, by the way (if that helps others reading this).

Posted on
Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:38 pm
loafbread offline

Not sure if this happened with Mavericks or before but I am getting a /var/log/system.log entry every second for each Timer countdown. Debug is turned off in the Timers and Pesters configuration. Any idea how to stop the entries?

Example
Nov 26 16:35:15 host.example.net Indigo 6[9814]: status string: Active with 0:23:28:32 left
Nov 26 16:35:15 host.example.net Indigo 6[9814]: status string: Active with 0:23:28:31 left

Posted on
Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:54 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

That is the same issue mentioned here, and will be fixed in the next release.

Posted on
Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:16 am
loafbread offline

Thanks. Sorry I missed that.

Posted on
Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:12 am
jeremyjjr offline

Has anyone managed to get Airfoil plug in working after upgrading to Mavericks?

I've upgraded Airfoil to the latest Mavericks version 4.8.2 and InstantOn is now working for apps like iTunes and System Sounds generally. However it won't bind to either the Indigo Client or the Indigo Server ...

I currently use this to broadcast notifications etc around the house, so having this up and running again would be very helpful.

Thanks.

J.

Posted on
Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:34 am
bmcgowan13 offline

nsheldon wrote:

Same here. I noticed that my email activated Apple Scripts weren't running--took your recommendation and reinstalled and now they are working again... Thanks nsheldon (once again)!

Posted on
Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:50 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

jeremyjjr wrote:
Has anyone managed to get Airfoil plug in working after upgrading to Mavericks?

Yep - it's running on my MacBook Pro with no issues (Mavericks and Airfoil 4.8.2). Note that I installed Airfoil after I'd upgraded that Mac to Mavericks - it didn't have Airfoil on it at all. Not sure what you mean by "bind to either the Indigo Client or the Indigo Server". You might want to completely delete Airfoil and reinstall it. It appears that Mavericks sometimes doesn't get the security sandboxing right when it comes to apple event communications. Some people have gotten it to work by deleting the app then reinstalling it.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn