Mavericks Compatibility

Posted on
Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:59 pm
Dewster35 offline

Re: Mavericks Compatibility

matt (support) wrote:
Sweet.

Any thoughts on why that was needed and a reinstall didn't fix it?

Posted on
Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:59 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Mac OS X bug, so you'll have to ask Apple. :-)

Posted on
Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:13 pm
Dewster35 offline

matt (support) wrote:
Mac OS X bug, so you'll have to ask Apple. :-)

Unfortunately I got Tim's voicemail, hopefully he gets back to me ;)

Posted on
Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:50 am
Seeker offline

I did an in-place upgrade on my mini last night. all seems to be working fine!

Posted on
Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:45 pm
kw123 offline

Code: Select all
tell application "IndigoServer"
   set value of variable "colorValues" to "abc"
end tell

I now get an error "IndigoServer got an error: Application isn’t running." number -600" from this simple apple script. The old applescripts are still running..
this is not an app, it is started from the applescript editor..

what am I doing wrong?

Karl

Posted on
Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:55 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

See if restarting your Mac helps. Mavericks occasionally gets confused and reports an process/app isn't running when it most definitely is.

Posted on
Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:17 pm
nsheldon offline

I've found that, if restarting doesn't help, the fastest solution is to re-install Indigo (doing this doesn't overwrite your current settings). It's certainly a more frequent problem than I'd like to deal with though.

Posted on
Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:04 pm
matlock offline

Yeah; this is becoming rather infuriating (not mad at Perceptive Automation, but mad at Apple). I bet this has something to do with either AppNap or the sandbox garbage.

It got to the point that I couldn't pass any information between the AppleScripts kicked off by iMessages and Mail rules. Reinstalling didn't work, reformatting the entire Mac didn't work, throwing the Mac Mini across the room and breaking it didn't work (yeah; I was kind of in Rage Mode at that point, but at least I could finally justify getting a new Mini... :? ...

So now I've got all sorts of rewritten Applescripts that don't try to talk to Indigo. Instead of passing email content directly to IndigoServer , kicked off by rules, where it could parse things and do neat things, I have Applescript writing the emails to temporary files on disk, and then executing the Python host to execute an Indigo Action Group (which kicks off another python script; I really do need to consolidate that eventually)...

I've now got this nonsense as an Applescript mail.app rule:

Code: Select all
using terms from application "Mail"
   on perform mail action with messages theMessages for rule theRule
      tell application "Mail"
         repeat with msg in theMessages
            set myRawContent to the source of msg as string
            set myRawSender to the sender of msg as string
            set mySender to extract address from myRawSender

set tmpfile to (do shell script "mktemp -u /Users/jmatlock/Indigo/Maildrop/" & mySender & "-XXXXXX")
            set myrawfile to tmpfile & ".txt"
            set the open_target_file to open for access myrawfile with write permission
            write myRawContent to open_target_file
            close access the open_target_file
         end repeat

do shell script "/Library/Application\\ Support/Perceptive\\ Automation/Indigo\\ 6/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/MacOS/IndigoPluginHost -e 'indigo.actionGroup.execute(503858195)'"

end tell
   end perform mail action with messages
end using terms from

On the positive side, I've had to finally sit down and learn Python, and OMFG I love it. Like more than anything I've ever programmed in. I'm from a Perl background, and always hated the idea of Python only using indention and no sigils, etc... but now that I've started using it, and realizing how much better it is than Perl (and I can't even compare it to the mutated mess that is Applescript). I've already rewritten almost all of my AppleScripts to Python, usually in 1/10th the code, and it runs so much faster.

So. Yeah.. same problem here.. "application not running".. but instead of screwing with it and breaking more stuff and scaring the dog, I've learned Python and.. I'm just happier now. :)

Posted on
Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:21 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

matlock wrote:
On the positive side, I've had to finally sit down and learn Python, and OMFG I love it. Like more than anything I've ever programmed in. I'm from a Perl background, and always hated the idea of Python only using indention and no sigils, etc... but now that I've started using it, and realizing how much better it is than Perl (and I can't even compare it to the mutated mess that is Applescript). I've already rewritten almost all of my AppleScripts to Python, usually in 1/10th the code, and it runs so much faster.

So. Yeah.. same problem here.. "application not running".. but instead of screwing with it and breaking more stuff and scaring the dog, I've learned Python and.. I'm just happier now. :)

I had the same reaction. Coming from C/Objective-C, Java, and Perl, I can say without any hesitation that Python is my favorite language. When I'm working in it I'm just a happier person.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue May 20, 2014 4:23 pm
colovin offline

Mavericks Compatibility Airfoil with IndigoServer

I just updated from Mountain Lion to Maverick. I always hate changing OS's seems to always be problems. I'm using the DSC Alarm Plugin which used to talk to the IndigoServer which talked to Airfoil which talked to a Wifi speaker near the alarm panel. Worked perfectly yesterday, today not so good, difference yesterday I was on Mountain Lion, today I'm on Mavericks. For some reason the IndigoServer will not talk to Airfoil all speech is coming out of the computer speakers. Airfoil works fine with iTunes and Play Sound just not IndigoServer. Is there something fundamentally different with IndigoServer in Maverick? I've checked the activity monitor and it is running.

Indigo 7.1.1, OS 10.14.6, MacMini .3.2 GHz 6 Intel Core i7, 64 GB ram

Posted on
Tue May 20, 2014 4:53 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

We're not sure what happened - clearly we didn't change anything from how we were generating speech under previous OS versions. We suspect some subtle bug in the OS (Mavericks seems to be literally full of those - this is absolutely the worst OS release from Apple since 10.3) but there's not much we can do. A workaround is to use the "System Audio" option as the source. It will of course send ALL sound from your Mac to the speakers (works for me since my server is dedicated) and there's a slight delay but it works.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn