Unable to connect to Indigo Server

Posted on
Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:59 pm
theroundhead offline

Unable to connect to Indigo Server

I have a strange problem. On my 2013 Mac Pro running the latest version of Indigo Client and Server (2021.1), I am unable to connect to the Server part of Indigo. I am unable to connect from another Mac over my home network AND from the client running on the same Mac as the Server. When I launch Indigo on the Mac Pro I get the Failed to Connect to Indigo Server dialog box. When I press the Start Local Server... button, I get the window shown in the attached screenshot.

As you can see, Indigo shows a local Server is already running. My only options are Cancel and Stop Server. If I Stop Server and then press Start Server, everything loads up as normal. That is until next time when I have to do this again. In the meantime the Server seems to be running as all my timed functions, motion sensors etc. all work correctly.

Any ideas how to fix or what's going on?

Thanks!

Thomas
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-09-28 at 12.58.44 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-09-28 at 12.58.44 AM.png (432.44 KiB) Viewed 675 times

Posted on
Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:35 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Unable to connect to Indigo Server

Are you using the Indigo->Connect to Remote Server... menu item to connect to the Indigo Server? (note that option works even when connecting to Indigo Server on the same or local Mac).

You can see a similar problem to what you describe if you try to set the Indigo client app as a Login Items (in macOS System Preferences), which can cause timing issues when it tries to start or connect to the Indigo Server. Instead you should just use the Auto start Indigo Server on login checkbox in the Start Local Server dialog then just manually launch the Indigo client UI when you need it.

Page 1 of 1