Z-wave (missing or disabled):

Posted on
Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:22 am
siclark offline

Re: Z-wave (missing or disabled):

matt (support) wrote:
siclark wrote:
matt (support) wrote:
? Indigo only auto-disables device communication when the interface is restarted (or physically removed/reinserted, or Indigo Server restarts) so I would hope that after running the script the devices work okay; at least until the next server or interface restart. If that isn't the case, then how are things failing specifically?

Is there a difference between auto disables, and disables? If not Indigo definitely disables my devices without any restart of anything. Unless it restarts the interface by itself?

Communication can be manually disabled in the UI, but the auto disables should only occur (I think) when the Z-Wave Controller communication initialization is occurring. So that would be on server restart, Z-Wave interface reload (menu or other), or if there is a Z-Wave USB communication failure bad enough that Indigo forces a reload of the interface.

The next time you notice devices are disabled take a look at the Event Log and see if you can trace back to exactly when the problem occurred (it'll be higher up than the lines logging Indigo disabling devices but include those too) and copy/paste those lines into a reply for me.

Cheers. I have a script that runs on schedule to re-enable devices so will get it to message me when it finds one. (if I can)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:40 am
CliveS offline

siclark wrote:

Cheers. I have a script that runs on schedule to re-enable devices so will get it to message me when it finds one. (if I can)

I also run the script and was hoping someone can help filter it further.
Code: Select all
for dev in indigo.devices.iter("indigo.zwave"):
   if not dev.enabled:
      indigo.device.enable(dev.id, value=True)

I have a device directory of 'Z_Not_Used' where all devices are disabled, is their any way of filtering out those devices so they stay disabled sort of like
for dev in indigo.devices.iter("indigo.zwave") and not dev directory ( "Z_Not_Used"):

CliveS

Indigo 7.2.0 : MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6 : Mac mini Server (Mid 2011) : 2 GHz Core i7. : 8 GB. : 2 x 256GB Samsung EVO SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:42 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Roughly something like:

ignoreFolderId = indigo.devices.folders.getId("Z_Not_Used")
   if not dev.enabled and dev.folderId != ignoreFolderId:

Posted on
Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:32 am
CliveS offline

matt (support) wrote:
Roughly something like:

ignoreFolderId = indigo.devices.folders.getId("Z_Not_Used")

Correction Matt, not roughly, ........... 100% perfect!!!
Thanks

CliveS

Indigo 7.2.0 : MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6 : Mac mini Server (Mid 2011) : 2 GHz Core i7. : 8 GB. : 2 x 256GB Samsung EVO SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:56 pm
RAID5 offline

Hi

I have some similar problems to that you have in this thread.
I have an Aeon Labs Z-Stick Series 2 (https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/helpdesk/a ... 6009584533), is that the same as Gen 2 mentioned here?
This summer I changed hardware from a Mac Mini Late 2009 to a Mac Mini 2014.
Before this I never experienced this problem.
After the hardware upgrade, the z-wave network suddenly dies without any explanation.
A reload of the interface solves the problem.
This autumn the problems have got more and more frequent, now almost every week.
Other changes might also be an upgrade to 7.1.1 this summer when I upgraded the hardware.
I tried to upgrade again now last week to 7.2.2
But the problem remains

Here are the last minute of the logfile if it can be any help

2018-12-25 00:04:03.758 Z-Wave received "Cinema - HVAC" mode is heat
2018-12-25 00:04:04.068 Z-Wave received "Cinema - HVAC" fan mode is always on
2018-12-25 00:04:04.378 Z-Wave received "Cinema - HVAC" temperature update to 24 °C
2018-12-25 00:04:04.693 Z-Wave received "Cinema - HVAC" heat setpoint is 18.0 °C
2018-12-25 00:04:05.006 Z-Wave received "Cinema - HVAC" cool setpoint is 23.0 °C
2018-12-25 00:04:07.188 Z-Wave received "073 - Cinema - HVAC" status update battery level 100%
2018-12-25 00:04:09.712 Z-Wave received "Cinema - HVAC" temperature update to 24 °C
2018-12-25 00:05:00.741 Schedule CPV1-Internet Connection Check
2018-12-25 00:05:01.859 Z-Wave sent "Tims Room Floor Heating" on
2018-12-25 00:05:09.760 Z-Wave Error rcvd packet checksum mismatch: 01 00
2018-12-25 00:05:09.760 Z-Wave Error calculated checksum FF, received 00 (sent NAK)

The reason I found this thread is because of error messages after reload
These devices are removed but still report missing 47,49, 50, 66, 79 how do I remove these?
43, 56 Are disabled by me becase they are broken and needs to be replaced, no need to change anything here.
53 "Kitchen Ceiling Light" and 54 "Master Bedroom Ceiling Light" always reports that they "needs re-sync", but they don't, I just turn on and off them from my Control page and they are normal.

Reloading interface "Z-Wave 2.0.119"
Stopping interface "Z-Wave 2.0.119" (pid 48157)
Z-Wave closed connection to Z-Wave 2.78 static controller
Stopped interface "Z-Wave 2.0.119"
Starting interface "Z-Wave 2.0.119" (pid 57475)
Started interface "Z-Wave 2.0.119"
Z-Wave Error rcvd unexpected bytes (sent ACK): 14 01 00 04 00 62 0E 32 02 21 64 00 00 02 0D 00 03 00 00 02 0D F5
Z-Wave connected to Z-Wave 2.78 static controller interface on /dev/cu.SLAB_USBtoUART (firmware 26.157)
Z-Wave found module included in controller with no matching device (missing or disabled): 001 - Indigo Z-Wave Interface
Z-Wave found module included in controller with no matching device (missing or disabled): 043 - Binary Sensor (routing)
Z-Wave found module included in controller with no matching device (missing or disabled): 047 - Binary Sensor (routing)
Z-Wave found module included in controller with no matching device (missing or disabled): 049 - Relay Power Switch
Z-Wave found module included in controller with no matching device (missing or disabled): 050 - Relay Power Switch
Z-Wave Error device "Kitchen Ceiling Light" should be re-synced using the "Define and Sync..." button in the device edit dialog (the internal device definition has been revised)
Z-Wave Error device "Master Bedroom Ceiling Light" should be re-synced using the "Define and Sync..." button in the device edit dialog (the internal device definition has been revised)
Z-Wave found module included in controller with no matching device (missing or disabled): 056 - Relay Power Switch
Z-Wave found module included in controller with no matching device (missing or disabled): 066 - Binary Sensor (routing)
Z-Wave found module included in controller with no matching device (missing or disabled): 079 - Motor Control Class B
Z-Wave found module included in controller with no matching device (missing or disabled): 093 - Relay Power Switch

RAID5 "A happy Swede addicted to automation"

Posted on
Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:19 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

RAID5 wrote:
After the hardware upgrade, the z-wave network suddenly dies without any explanation.
A reload of the interface solves the problem.

This could be a malfunctioning Z-Stick or could be a USB communication problem. Try plugging it into different USB ports to see if it becomes more reliable.
RAID5 wrote:
The reason I found this thread is because of error messages after reload

The device communication being disabled by Indigo is because the Z-Stick is reporting bad/bogus information to Indigo about the modules. The next release of Indigo will try to better handle this bad information.
RAID5 wrote:
These devices are removed but still report missing 47,49, 50, 66, 79 how do I remove these?

Use the Interfaces->Z-Wave->Remove Failed Modules from Controller menu item. If that doesn't work, then temporarily create a new Indigo device and select the that node ID (so 47) then have Indigo try to sync the device. That should fail, presuming the module doesn't really exist, but then the controller will flag the module as failed internally. Next re-try the menu item to remove the failed modules and the controller will hopefully succeed in removing them (internally).

Posted on
Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:17 pm
Bildhauer1963 offline

Hello al,

using

"ignoreFolderId = indigo.devices.folders.getId("Z_Not_Used")
indigo.device.enable(dev.id, value=True)"

on a German Mac OS with Indigo 7.2 returns the following error code:
"Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Users/smerckens/Desktop/ZWaveAktivieren.py", line 1, in <module>
ignoreFolderId = indigo.devices.folders.getId("unbenutzt")
NameError: name 'indigo' is not defined
>>> "

What do I need to do?

Thanks in advance!

Posted on
Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:11 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

How are you running the script? It must be run from an Execute Script action (either an embedded script or a file) or from an interpreter launched via the Plugins->Open Scripting Shell menu item because it needs access to the indigo module. Running it directly from Python won't work.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:05 pm
Bildhauer1963 offline

Thanks, that was the solution. I ran it directly from Python!