Indigo Touch not connecting while screensaver is active

Posted on
Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:53 pm
Bigfatburrito offline

Indigo Touch not connecting while screensaver is active

I use the screensaver to run pictures on my tv with my mac mini running mountain lion connected to the tv. I've noticed that when I start the screensaver, I lose my indigo touch connection. Is there something that I am missing or is it not possible to connect with the screen saver running?

Thanks

Posted on
Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:38 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Indigo Touch not connecting while screensaver is active

That is really strange. So it drops when the screensaver starts, not later when it goes to sleep (which would be expected)? And this happens every time?

Which screensaver are you using? If you switch to a different one, does it still occur?

Posted on
Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:42 am
Bigfatburrito offline

When I force the screensaver, it will disconnect...everytime. I'm just using the standard OSX mountain lion screensaver scrolling through pictures in my iPhoto library. As soon as I hit a keypad button, the screensaver goes away, and indigo touch connects. I believe that my computer is set to never sleep.

As an aside...I apologize for putting this in the wrong forum...how do I move it to the indigo touch forum?

Thanks

Posted on
Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:45 am
Bigfatburrito offline

This is the applescript that I use... do shell script "/System/Library/Frameworks/ScreenSaver.framework/Resources/ScreenSaverEngine.app/Contents/MacOS/ScreenSaverEngine"

Posted on
Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:56 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

If you are executing that in as an embedded AppleScript in an Indigo action then that would explain it. It will block the Indigo Server until the shell script completes, which is when the screen saver finishes. Instead, save the script using the Script Editor then have Indigo execute the script as an external file instead of embedded. That won't block the Indigo Server and should work better.

Posted on
Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:17 am
Bigfatburrito offline

Thanks...basic question, but how do I do that...just save it as an external file? What is the script editor?

Posted on
Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:27 am
Bigfatburrito offline

Thanks...figured it out...works perfectly!

Page 1 of 1