Indigo Touch not work on local network without WAN?

Posted on
Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:03 am
johnpolasek offline

Re: Indigo Touch not work on local network without WAN?

Never mind, rereading more carefully, I found it; 30 bucks a year is actually a pretty good deal, and I'll probably take you up on it once I get home this evening, since trying to get in on the WAN address while forgetting to attach the VPN first has the touch app locked up so solidly that even restarting it won't get me out.. Any word on when the update to fix that will be released?

Posted on
Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:10 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

It is still out top priority but we do not have a public ETA yet. Most of the iOS 8 bugs are worked around on internal builds at this point, but there is still work to be done...

Posted on
Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:48 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

johnpolasek wrote:
Is there any way I can find out what the subscription service costs after the 30 day trial period without actually trying to buy it? Admittedly, I only spent a few minutes scanning through all the information on the page about how to use it, but that rather important item seemed to be conspicuous by it's absence...

For anyone else wondering, it's on the Reflector docs page.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:48 pm
ticotice offline

Having a very similar problem as wideglidejrp. My desktop HD crashed and I just replaced it yesterday and did a clean install of OS 10.9.5. I am currently rebuilding that hard drive with a Time Machine backup. However, that desktop is NOT running my Indigo 6 app. I have a Mac Mini running Indigo 24/7. After the desktop HD replacement, Indigo Touch on both my iPad and iPhone began displaying "Failed to connect: The Request Timed Out." When I attempt to tap the dialog box under "Choose an Indigo Server" nothing happens –the app is frozen. I force quit the app (double-tap the home button, then swipe up) but that doesn't allow the app to function properly. I've restarted all my machines (Mac Mini, iPad,iPhone) attempting to clear their respective "minds", but nothing appears to help.

I've followed the suggested workarounds–uninstalled Indigo Touch (several times)–but I get the same issue. Indigo Touch "sees" my Indigo Server but will not connect. Also, I cannot connect via Safari on my desktop. It also times out after several minutes.

The odd thing was everything was working fine until I had to swap out a dead hard drive from my desktop . Any ideas? :(

Posted on
Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:28 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Let's leave Indigo Touch out for the moment - if Safari isn't working then the problem is either with your Indigo install or your Indigo Reflector. Are you using a reflector? If you go directly to the IP of your Indigo Server Mac from Safari, does it work (http://IPOFMINI:8176/)?

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:37 pm
ticotice offline

Jay,

Thanks for the quick reply. I am not using a reflector–yet. I will check the direct connection via Safari when I get home. :)

Posted on
Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:55 pm
ticotice offline

Jay,

Just checked the "direct" connection via Safari on my Mac Mini. The Indigo server allows a connection and all functions work using the Safari browser on the Mac Mini where indigo 6 is running 24/7.

Jeff

Posted on
Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:30 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Ok - try it from your iPad/iPhone's browser just to make sure that network connections are working. If that works, then delete Indigo Touch and then reinstall it. Create the connection, etc.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:43 pm
ticotice offline

Cannot get a connection to the server via Safari on either my iPhone, iPad or desktop iMac. Error message says: "Safari cannot open the page because the server stopped responding." Sounds like a corrupted Indigo file?

Thanks for your help!

Posted on
Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:08 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

It sounds like your firewall is blocking the network connection. Temporarily disable the firewall on your Indigo mini and check Safari on your iMac again.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:03 am
ticotice offline

Appears that the firewall was the answer! I do not recall turning on the firewall but I now can connect via Safari from my desktop. Thanks for all your help! Gonna set up two reflector accounts this weekend–one for my primary residence and one for my vacation home. Merry Christmas to all at Indigo Domotics! :lol:

Posted on
Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:45 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

You should be able to use the firewall if you want - you'll just need to unblock the various Indigo network ports. Usually, the firewall will prompt to unblock ports that are started up while it's on. So, if you shut down the Indigo Server, turn on the firewall, then start the server back up, then the OS should ask you if you want to unblock two different apps: IndigoServer, and a Python process (the web server). Add those and everything should work fine.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:00 pm
ticotice offline

Got it! Will make it happen today. Thanks again.