iPad Safari won't save Indigo login info

Posted on
Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:04 am
McJohn offline

Re: iPad Safari won't save Indigo login info

iOs 8.1
iCloud Keychain on

Why won't the Indigo Control Page Name and Password saved on the iPhone home screen?
Other logins from other sites are saved correctly.

Greetings.

John

Posted on
Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:24 am
durosity offline

Is it something to do with login prompt pop ups rather than a login webpage? I have this issue with any webpage that works that way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:13 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Yes, looks like saving HTTP Digest authentication passwords (what Indigo uses) is broken in iOS 8 / Safari. Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do about this one since it is an iOS 8 / Safari issue (versus Indigo Touch where we might be able to work around it).

Posted on
Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:35 am
oktemplar offline

This wasn't working for me in iOS 7 either. No matter how many times I would type the password it would never save, even though it seemed to cache the password for X hours after I entered it.

I actually considered disabling authentication recently due to all the issues I'm having with Indigo Touch, etc but then I started playing with Roomie and this seems to do a decent job for the things I want to control (especially since you can call action groups easily). Roomie's nickel-and-dime device scheme is a bit annoying/expensive though.

Posted on
Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:45 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I'm curious, why are you all using Safari instead of Indigo Touch on the iPad/iPhone?

I know there are some compatibility problems between iOS 8 and Indigo Touch (as well as other reasons Safari might be a better choice), but I'm wondering what the specific issue is for you both.

Posted on
Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:18 pm
durosity offline

In my case as I primarily use control pages with lots of images and I'm constantly getting repeated login prompts (and still some images not loading) but with safari I just login once and it stays working (and FYI I don't think Safari has ever stored passwords via 'http digest' as this has been the case on every iOS device I've had when using other sites such as the transmission web client.. For when downloading Linux ISOs )

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:38 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Thanks for the info, I will be looking into the multiple login issue soon. Hopefully that is something we can address quickly.

Posted on
Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:44 pm
DaveL17 offline

matt (support) wrote:
I'm curious, why are you all using Safari instead of Indigo Touch on the iPad/iPhone?

I use both. I use Safari in order to display animations--especially important for my weather radar.

Dave

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:06 pm
oktemplar offline

I was using Indigo Touch exclusively until iOS 8. I have some areas of the house with weak wifi and since IOS 8 came out, i frequently get hung on the server selection screen, in some cases requiring deleting and re-installing the app. I'm not using reflectors but using Bonjour wifi locally.

Basically just got sick of the hassle and have been using Safari (just doesn't connect if a wifi issue occurs, move somewhere else and it works) or most recently have started using Roomie Remote. In either case if I'm somewhere where the connection is not great I just move and everything is ok. Prior to iOS 8 I used Indigo Touch in the same way and it worked great.

Posted on
Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:28 am
McJohn offline

Thanks for all the answers.
I made different Control Pages for my wife, kids (everyone has his own control page) and my self.
Made specially for iPhone or iPads.
Connection via Indigo Touch is for simple users a little bit devious.
A simple bookmark of the control page at the home screen of the iPhone is the best solution.

I did some tests with other sites with https:// logins and when I logged in, the iPhone asked me if I want to save the login data.
The next time when I logged in, the form with name and password is completely auto filled in.

So, it would be fantastic if this works with Indigo pages!

Thanks on behalf of the whole family! :D

John

Posted on
Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:39 pm
crofford offline

Any update on this topic? As far as I can tell, userid/pwd still doesn't get saved.
Running the most current versions of Indigo/Safari/OS X/iOS

thanks,
david

Posted on
Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:37 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

The ability for Safari to save Indigo passwords won't be improved until we totally change the authentication mechanism Indigo's Web server uses. Indigo Touch (iOS app), however, does save passwords. Changing the authentication mechanism is definitely on the request list, but it won't be changed in a minor update.

Posted on
Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:56 am
McJohn offline

Any update on this loooong term topic / question?

Posted on
Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:44 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

We continue to make progress on the architectural changes towards this type of feature, but it isn't happening in the near term.