Device List Order

Should the Indigo Touch UI show devices not in a folder at the top of the list, or the bottom?

Posted on
Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:30 pm
yroca23 offline

Device List Order

Though I am working toward getting all my devices into a folder, I am not quite there yet. I noticed that the device list now shows all devices not in a folder first, followed by a list of all the folders. I seem to recall this being the other way around in the original version. Is there a way to toggle the order?

Posted on
Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:37 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Device List Order

We changed this because of a customer request from the 1st beta. There currently isn't any way to change this sorting. Personally, I could go either way but I'm curious what the consensus is. I'll set up a poll on your original post and we'll let the majority 'win.'

Posted on
Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:37 am
macpro offline

(No subject)

I prefer the bottom of the list.
All the devices that I can group together as logical units are in folders.
The rest of the devices do not match to any of these folders so in my configuration they are not that important.

Posted on
Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:31 pm
bobeast offline

(No subject)

macpro wrote:
I prefer the bottom of the list.
All the devices that I can group together as logical units are in folders.
The rest of the devices do not match to any of these folders so in my configuration they are not that important.

I agree. In the meantime I created a new folder called "TBD" into which I put these miscellaneous devices. "TBD" just happens to be alphabetically last in my list of folders.

Choose to chance the rapids.
Dare to dance the tide.

Page 1 of 1