Automatic execution of action group

Posted on
Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:19 am
editordz offline

Automatic execution of action group

First off, thank you for including me in the first beta group. I've used it for a few days now, and it works very nicely, not many issues at all. The only things that have come up have been covered by others, or are in the "known issues" list.

Here's a feature request that may be a bit "out there": In addition to the full featured Indigo Touch app, I would love to have another, simpler version. When its icon is pushed, all it would do is send the command for one specific action group back to the server. Maybe a confirmation screen would open for a second, but then it would quit right back to the home screen/springboard.

I would love this because then you could for instance turn on all of your lights with one click on the home screen as you're walking up the driveway, rather than going into the Indigo Touch app scrolling through lists of actions.

I know, it only saves a few steps, but I would love to have a row of Indigo Touch app shortcuts on my springboard, three for specialized functions, and the current app for more intricate interactions.

Alternatively, you could also build support for an optional action group trigger that is automatically executed whenever the Indito Touch app is run. Through a series of conditions back on the server, I could get it to do the above mentioned scenario.

Am I way off base here, or does any of this sound useful to other users?

Happy New Year, and keep up the awesome work!
Dan

Posted on
Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:20 am
cwf offline

I agree...

with everything above. No issues with Indigo Touch except the known issues.

I also think some shortcuts would be nice - not that it's not fast already, but anything to cut down on keystrokes.

My wife is looking forward to putting it on her phone when released.

Posted on
Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:42 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: I agree...

I think this is a good idea. You can do this right now with the iPhone's Web Clipping feature: 1) From your Mac copy the URL for the Trigger link from the Basic or Mini Web Page for the Action Group you want to execute, 2) Remove the "reloadPage=1" variable from the URL, 3) Save that as a bookmark, 4) Sync with your iPhone, 5) Create a Web Clip from that URL.

Not an ideal solution, but it works with Indigo 3.0 and 4.0. It also doesn't have the Indigo Touch's connectivity logic to try a WiFi connection first, then try a goprism.com reflector connection.

I'll see what I can do to make this easier and more integrated with Indigo Touch.

Posted on
Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:01 am
macpro offline

(No subject)

I like this idea also. But I would like to use a second connection to the server for this.
In IndigoTouch I use a connection to the server via the internet. That way it doesn't matter where I am to control the house.
But for the short cuts I would like to have a connection that is LAN only and thus needs WiFi to work. This can prevent from mistakenly hitting a short cut on the spring board and having the house react on that while I'm not at home.

Page 1 of 1