Edit server settings?

Posted on
Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:39 pm
Jim offline

Edit server settings?

I installed the app and enter my server settings. It tried to connect and failed because I mistyped the URL. I selected the Settings button and it took me back to the list of servers (mine and the Demo Server) but I can not figure out how to edit the current server settings. There is no longer a ">" button on the line where my server is listed and the Edit button just seems to let you delete and not edit. Is the idea to delete the server and just add a new one?

Thanks,
Jim

Posted on
Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:46 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Edit server settings?

Hi Jim,

You are correct in that the only edit function currently is to select which connection Settings you want to delete (then you can re-add them). I agree it would be best to be able to edit an existing address, but don't believe that will make it into this release.

Posted on
Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:48 pm
Jim offline

(No subject)

Thanks Matt. Two thoughts.

1) Maybe a test connection button on that page to help verify that you have the correct URL and port number before selecting Done.

2) Also maybe allow you to enter a "friendly" name for the manually entered server rather than http://192.1.1.1:8000 (Jim's Home).

Jim

Posted on
Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:59 pm
morps offline

(No subject)

To pile on here just a bit:

I too foobar'd typing in my own domain name for my home network. The only way I knew I oops'd was because I inadvertently added www to the beginning of the url. When Indigo Touch error'd out, I could see why it did (I could see the www behind the modal dialog).

But here's the important part: if I had oops'd later in the url, I would have not see the error in my ways as the full url is not visible in the background.

This is a nice to have, not a showstopper.

Page 1 of 1