Beta Feedback (with pics)

Posted on
Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:18 pm
yroca23 offline

(No subject)

Was able to use the app a couple of times while out of time and it was very useful and very speedy - even over Edge and 3G.

I second macpro's ideas, though my preference in order would be:

1 - Profiles for items to show on which device. We have 2 iPhones and a Touch. I would love to be able to give my wife a subset, give my Touch and different subset, and give myself full access. We could add our Phones / iPod Touch devices as 'devices' in the UI and then have a way to specify for each INSTEON device, which device or devices to show it on. Definitely not simple, but a good idea.

2 - Log file. Every once in a while, I need access to that. Being able to scroll back through it and even go back and forth date wise would be great.

3- Upcoming Time/Date actions.

Overall well worth the upgrade.

Posted on
Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:37 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Beta

peppop wrote:
I have noticed that the (status:) does not show in the app, for some reason.

The status icon and status caption are currently both not shown. The icon likely won't be shown since Indigo Touch shows the busy network spinner in the main top toolbar. The caption may work in a future beta, or may be dropped from the Indigo Touch's Control Pages. Still thinking about it...
peppop wrote:
Also, Is it possible to open up a link in the app instead of sending you to mobile safari.

Possibly. We might provide an option to open the Web page within Indigo Touch directly.
peppop wrote:
I noticed that in Indigo 4.02, there is a video camera option. Is that something that will be added soon?

I keep forgetting to remove that. :-) It is just an experimental feature at this point and doesn't function correctly yet.