access to control pages by programmation

Posted on
Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:02 am
domlazar offline

access to control pages by programmation

Is there a way to go to a control page by programing. ie: In "main control page" I have a button making several actions, one of them is "replace by control page" to go to a camera view. After the actions are done I wish to return back to my previous "main control page" automatically by not selecting button. I do not find any ways to do it via "server action". Do I need any script for that, if yes can someone help me on that way?

Mac OS Montery 12.2.1 macmini
Indigo Pro 2021.2
Powerlinc 2413U

Posted on
Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:43 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: access to control pages by programmation

When you say:

domlazar wrote:
After the actions are done

What exactly do you mean?

If you have buttons on the camera page to perform actions, then you just add a Back to Previous Page client action to each button. In effect, when you click a button, any server actions that are specified will be executed and the client (the browser or Indigo Touch or whatever) will go back to the page from which this one was loaded.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:07 am
domlazar offline

this is what I do now, I wish to have an automation to return back to the previous page after a moment

Indigo Pro 2021.2
Powerlinc 2413U

Posted on
Fri Jun 30, 2023 2:30 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Sorry, I don't understand. Can you explain more fully? What is the page that you're going to? What does it do? I don't understand the interaction model.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Fri Jun 30, 2023 3:44 pm
FlyingDiver offline

I think he wants a button on the first page that shows a second page for a specified period of time, then goes back to the first page.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:56 am
domlazar offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
I think he wants a button on the first page that shows a second page for a specified period of time, then goes back to the first page.

this is exactly what I'm looking, thanks

Indigo Pro 2021.2
Powerlinc 2413U

Posted on
Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:03 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

There are no time-based client actions that would accomplish this. You would need to build your own web pages in a plugin that would execute some kind of JavaScript timer to do that (it would require using a browser rather than Indigo Touch).

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:25 pm
Londonmark offline

Could you convert the camera feed into a gif? I run a basic screensaver on control pages by having a variable that is either zero or a random number between 1 and the number of images for the screensaver. The variable determines which image to display using Indigo image heuristics (the images are called screendim+0, screendim+1 etc). The screendim+0 image is a 1 pixel by 1 pixel blank square. The others are all full screen. If someone taps the image when it’s full screen the variable changes to zero and the image disappears. After a few minutes the variable changes to something random above zero and a full screen image appears.

Feels as if you could do something very similar with your camera feed if it is a static image and you can make it into a gif with the right file name.

Page 1 of 1