Device state images not correct

Posted on
Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:42 am
gtreece offline

Device state images not correct

I let my Indigo install languish for a while, and am now cleaning up all the broken Applescripts. On my weather control page, I used to use an AppleScript to fill variables with text and icon names, and then had variable placements on the weather control page to display those variables.

I updated my control page to use device states from the NOAA Weather Plus plugin, both for data and images. I tried replacing the default NOAA icons with new icons, sticking with the NOAA icon naming convention, just replacing images with new png images. I had to do one Python script to break up the worded forecast into multiple lines, but it's all working. Everything including the images updated correctly when viewing the control page through a web browser.

The device state icons were not updating in Indigo Touch until I gave them a new naming convention. Are the NOAA Weather Plus icon images a special or protected name (NOAA Condition+.png) within Touch? Nothing I tried let the new icons load in Indigo Touch except giving them a new name (NOAA Conditions+.png). The things I tried:

- clearing image cache in Touch
- deleting/reinstalling Touch
- starting/stopping Indigo Server
- removing device state icons from page/stopping server/starting server/adding device state icons back to page

So I am working, but this behavior seemed odd to me. I know Touch is long in the tooth, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Posted on
Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:03 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Device state images not correct

Replacing those images won't work - the images are embedded in Indigo Touch so it doesn't have to load them over the network when they are used. And the next time you upgrade Indigo they will just get changed back anyway. As you saw, you need a new set of custom images to work.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1